Subject: Organising a playing night rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Van den Broeck
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing with the idea of organising a play-night for Earth Reborn.

Has somebody any experience with that? What works good, what doesn't?

I'm thinking to prepare two scenario's, depending on which players and how many show up.
1. Scenario2 for beginners (you have to explain duelling because otherwise the game is somewhat boring).
2. A scenario, to be downloaded from the site.

If really experienced players show up, we play SAGS. If we would have 4+ players, I'd limit the playing time and rechedule the groups after 1.5 hours. The one with the most MP's earned gained over all his/her games, wins the night.

Any other ideas?

P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim McCormley
United States
SD
California
flag msg tools
OUCH!
mbmbmbmbmb
Phyriphiry wrote:
I'm playing with the idea of organising a play-night for Earth Reborn.

Has somebody any experience with that? What works good, what doesn't?

I've only tried the multi-player scenario driven version as an evening experience using one copy of the game, and it worked fine. Since some of the scenarios play out quickly, you may be able to get 3 or 4 games in and make it a quasi campaign: declare a winner using your "MP rule" below or even go by head to head matchup victories using a simple ladder system...if you have more than one copy of the game.

If you do have multiple copies of the game, you could also set up (in advance) 2 or 3 scenarios and have a round robin tournament. It would be like the miniatures tournaments that they have for "Flames of War." In those tournaments, they set up a number of tables with different terrain and then players are assigned scenarios at each table. I think they limit the play time for each game, and you may have to do something similar with ER, since the potential for analysis paralysis is rather large. If you are careful to select games that have an outright victory condition, and if you track MP earned at each game as the "tournament tie breaker," or some such, you could probably put a 60min time limit on each game without influencing play too dramatically.

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.