Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just when you think there's no way to make TV any worse of a cesspool than it already is, along comes this little gem. I've known about the train wreck of a TV series "Wife Swap", but never watched it. Now, I find out that there is the dreaded "celebrity" version. I put celebrity in quotes because it seems that the two idiotic fame whores they got to sign up for this dreck are none other than Gary Busey and Ted Haggard. (How they got their wives to agree to this I will never understand.)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2012/01/gary-bus...

Maybe the Mayans were right about 2012 after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno -- we live in a world where Jersey Shore exists, as well as multiple seasons of The Real Housewives of Whatever Completely Overprivileged Zip Code. So Celebrity Wife Swap actually seems like the least offensive exemplar of a pretty damn crowded field.

And I even say this as a one-time fan of Temptation Island, or Paradise Drunk Asshole Hotel.

Ted Haggard? Who did he think was getting swapped? And did he know the swap in advance before taping? Does he have a thing for Gary Busey now? So many questions...

...and I think I just completely disgusted myself into doing work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You gave us Pee wee Herman and we return the favour with wife swap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i used to hate these kinds of shows.

i still dont watch them, but it makes be feel a hell of a lot better about myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many tv channels do you have access to? It's not like you don't have a chance to watch something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peloquin17 wrote:
i used to hate these kinds of shows.

i still dont watch them, but it makes be feel a hell of a lot better about myself.

isn´t that what makes these shows so succesful in the first place?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
dogzard wrote:
I put celebrity in quotes because it seems that the two idiotic fame whores they got to sign up for this dreck are none other than Gary Busey and Ted Haggard. (How they got their wives to agree to this I will never understand.)

I would think it was the wive's idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
You gave us Pee wee Herman and we return the favour with wife swap.

Hey! Pee Wee is awesome! Back off Brit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Abreu
Portugal
flag msg tools
MAISON ABREU: Lair of Abreu, you know, that guy below. Do not mistake this for other Maisons or Houses or even Abreus.
badge
I do look good on this chair, dont I?
mbmbmbmbmb
And how about this:

shake
Mob Wives
gulp

Please VH1 quit this and give us back pop-up videos...
PLEASE...
cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Taylor
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Catch up! Celebrity wife swap has been around for years.

Whilst it's definately not a good program (or rather, it's not to my taste) it's also far from the worst that TV has to offer. (Hello "Made in Chelsea", hello "My Super Sweet 16", etc)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Lets go Celts!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't follow. I do not have cable only over the air tv. Which in Arizona means 50 channels and 38 are in Spanish. Thank you for showing me even more reasons for not watching TV hardly at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
It came on the other day while my wife was folding clothes. Carnie Wilson was swapping with Tracy Gold. I watched for about 5 minutes then couldn't stand it any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
Carnie Wilson was swapping with Tracy Gold.
Should I know who those people are?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
wmshub wrote:
Carnie Wilson was swapping with Tracy Gold.
Should I know who those people are?
If you ever watched growing pains, or listened to pop music in the early '90s, then yes. Otherwise, you probably wouldn't know them, and it wouldn't be a great loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And as far as TV cesspools go, you can't get much worse than H8R, which was canceled a short time ago. A show about how "celebrities" and famewhores face off against random schlub Internet trolls -- like you and me, and hosted by Mario Lopez! -- and dress down said trolls for bullying, when "bullying" gets dumbed down to "held up to ridicule".

The fact that it was canceled after public outcry and a bit of awareness over its own singularity-causing cluelessness is a sign that just one thing is right with the world, at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reality TV shows are the main reason I don't watch much television any more. (sumo, documentaries, and the odd bit of sci/fi, not withstanding)

All the wife swaps, survivors, endless talent shows, repell me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
dogzard wrote:
Just when you think there's no way to make TV any worse of a cesspool than it already is, along comes this little gem. I've known about the train wreck of a TV series "Wife Swap", but never watched it. Now, I find out that there is the dreaded "celebrity" version. I put celebrity in quotes because it seems that the two idiotic fame whores they got to sign up for this dreck are none other than Gary Busey and Ted Haggard. (How they got their wives to agree to this I will never understand.)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2012/01/gary-bus...

This is awesome! I can't wait to watch!

dogzard wrote:
Maybe the Mayans were right about 2012 after all.
What does the end of a mayan baktun have to do with wife swapping?

Nothing - it was just a tongue-in-cheek reference that it's a sign of the end of the world. You know, like near the end of Ghostbusters, or the REM song "It's the End of the World As We Know It"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dogzard wrote:
I've known about the train wreck of a TV series "Wife Swap", but never watched it.

Really? Wow - I always thought 'wife swap' vids were pretty hot! And with celebrities, now, too? I had *no idea* they were into that - I'm totally checking this out!

EDIT: Oh. This isn't the same thing at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cancelled Cable a long time ago.

In the 5 years I had cable, my bill went up about $35. (that was cable and internet together). Plus I was noticing more commercials, for the amount of time I actually sat down to flick around on the TV (maybe a few times a week for a half hour or so). My wife and I decided to ditch it all together.

We don't miss it at all. Any shows that we're interested we buy the DVD's or I download.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.