Hide
21 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: CR + WoA + LoD = ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Morbaus Litchsmack
msg tools
Can anyone think of a way that WotC can expand these games as a whole?
What comes next, and how will it feel different?
Any ideas?

Im hoping for a hard cover multi-adventure book, like what Descent did!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
I am hoping they do continue the series.

Dragonlance would be a ton of fun.

They do need to hire Chromaticdragon though, his stuff is more dynamic and interesting than much of the "official" stuff.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also a big fan of Ninjadorg's Event cards.

I have a hard time choosing to play LoD and WoA over CR simply because they feel half-baked without their own proper event/tile cards.

Such a little thing, but they add a lot of theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Move it outside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lorien4 lorien4
Greece
Asprovalta
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morbaus wrote:
Can anyone think of a way that WotC can expand these games as a whole?
What comes next, and how will it feel different?
Any ideas?

Im hoping for a hard cover multi-adventure book, like what Descent did!

Expansion obviously includes adventure book,new heroes and monster cards. Peter Lee said that it would be interesting to make forest and city tiles! That would be great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lorien4 lorien4
Greece
Asprovalta
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunder wrote:
I am hoping they do continue the series.

Dragonlance would be a ton of fun.

They do need to hire Chromaticdragon though, his stuff is more dynamic and interesting than much of the "official" stuff.

Peace

I agree,if they hire ninjadorg as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew loses (again)
Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like a bag of miscallaneous goodies - more heroes, monsters, items, etc. And an advanced campaign mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Stutzmeister
msg tools
I agree an expansion would be great. I remember hearing, in one of the early interviews that Peter Lee did for CR, that WOTC only planned to release big boxes since they were trying to get away from the trend of expansions. At this point though, after 3 big box releases, I think that expansions would be great additions to the series. A Dragonlance expansion with 6 heroes and 15 monster miniatures and 20 new tiles would be totally doable. There are enough monsters and variety of tiles in the big boxes that an entirely new big box would not be necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Going off your title I was going to say: a full closet and empty wallet.

Seeing what you meant... I'm thinking one more big box that supports a different setting in DnD (dragonlance, ebberon, etc).

The add ons from the miniatures line coming out squash any small box expansion hopes I had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunder wrote:

Peace

Hmm.. it might get my wife to stop nagging coz "Honey, it's my job!" laugh

Seriously though, it's probably easier to be "dynamic" if your livelihood didn't depend on it.

Also, I can just imagine Peter slamming his fist onto my desk - "We are NOT switching to POWERPOINT as our in-house design software!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
miscalculation wrote:
I'd like a bag of miscallaneous goodies - more heroes, monsters, items, etc. And an advanced campaign mode.

I think this would be a good idea for Wizards as well. An expansion that added value to all 3 boxed sets would be marketable to a wider audience than something specific for 1 of the settings.

Having said that, I see the possibility of a Ghost King adventure that could unite elements from all 3 boxed sets with heroes from LoD, WoA's huge red as Haephaestus and CR's Dracolich as the Ghost King himself. Hopefully this will be released as a free adventure to promote all 3 boxed sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Swanson
United States
flag msg tools
chromaticdragon wrote:
miscalculation wrote:

I think this would be a good idea for Wizards as well. An expansion that added value to all 3 boxed sets would be marketable to a wider audience than something specific for 1 of the settings.

Having said that, I see the possibility of a Ghost King adventure that could unite elements from all 3 boxed sets with heroes from LoD, WoA's huge red as Haephaestus and CR's Dracolich as the Ghost King himself. Hopefully this will be released as a free adventure to promote all 3 boxed sets.

Thank would make me convince my wife to purchase the first two sets...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sérgio Iglésias
Portugal
Porto - V.N. Gaia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love a temple of elemental evil themed Adventure system board game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. Kristin L. Johansen
United States
Mountain Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
Happy Holidays!
badge
I swear on my pretty floral bonnet...
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I vote for all the above and then some, please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many people actually *have* all three games? I know I do, but that's because I've been getting them as they come out. But for people that grabbed LoD, how many have also gone on to get WoA and even CR?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
| Scott Kinzie |
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:
How many people actually *have* all three games? I know I do, but that's because I've been getting them as they come out. But for people that grabbed LoD, how many have also gone on to get WoA and even CR?

I did just that: Bought LoD and then went back and bought the other two. Count me as one with all three.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I came up with an idea on how to do just that in this thread:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/738964/idea-for-adding-4th-e...

Would love to have something like what I said above, but you never know what Wizards will do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Swanson
United States
flag msg tools
EverywhereGames wrote:

I have only LOD, but have considered getting at least one of the other two if not both. Funding has been the only issue for me. I really enjoy them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François V.
France
Meudon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the only thing I ask for the next game is that I can keep on building my maze...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:

I started with LoD and worked backwards to all 3, (waiting for CR to arrive). I would like to see expansions / new editions and also like the idea of a - full set - campaign / scenario book(s).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.