Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hi all,

is there anyone out there who made a modul maybe just for themselves?
If yes post here or send me message.

thanks
Marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know of any, but I would love to find out too if such a thing exists. But to the best of my limited knowledge, there is not one. Pretty sure between FFG and Blizzard it would be shut down pretty quick. I know that TI3 has one, but none of the cards are allowed to have text, so you sort of have to own the game to play it... Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See, but FFG is ok with BSG with the Cylon cards not having words on them. But yeah, not sure how blizzard would feel. I don't mind things like that though (the text not being there).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A G
msg tools
I made one, personal use only right now, trying to find a way to contact fantasy flight to release it publicly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A G
msg tools
I've officially given up trying to contact blizzard on this.

If anyone want's to download this off my google drive send me a message and I'll give the link, but I don't want to post it publicly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Patek
Italy
Venice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You tried for two years?

Quite stubborn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody Lent
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Zackreaver wrote:
I've officially given up trying to contact blizzard on this.

If anyone want's to download this off my google drive send me a message and I'll give the link, but I don't want to post it publicly.

I've been testing this with 5 buddies--it is AWESOME. Seriously, top-notch work. It might be better than the board game itself (j/k). Play it and you'll see what I mean.

To do PBEM/PBF/PBDB (by Dropbox), we like to shared a save file, play a turn, and then save it and leave it until the next day all 6 are free for an hour. Works pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A G
msg tools
Kajo wrote:
You tried for two years?

Quite stubborn

If by try you mean search my email for a reply 2 years after remembering I was asking such a question.

Now I've just stopped caring really.

I made a page for it on the vassal website, I'm publicizing it now.

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Starcraft_Board_Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Patek
Italy
Venice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good work!

I'll post it on Play by Forum section here on BGG, so it can be played

Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Castrequini
Brazil
Valinhos
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow....

Thank you. Nice job
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
instinctive
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Sorry for repeat post from PBF forum, but can someone link a log file for game setup and the first couple of turns? New to Vassal. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Papageorgiou
Greece
Larisa
Larisa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just out of curiosity, is it possible to play without the broodwar expansion, using the starcraft vassal module?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody Lent
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Sure--Vassal just provides you virtual pieces and game board to play on.

Just leave the BW pieces and don't use them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Butler
United States
White Sands Missile Range
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to figure out where cards go when they're drawn... They don't seem to appear anywhere, not in the play area or in the part with the player board.

ulfgdar wrote:
Just out of curiosity, is it possible to play without the broodwar expansion, using the starcraft vassal module?

There's really not much point in doing this; the expansion doesn't add much in the way of mechanical complexity, but does add various ideas that make the game a lot better (namely, after having played my first two games, I can't imagine going without Defend Orders and Leadership Cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A G
msg tools
Theres a player hand menu option for each player, that should be where the cards go when drawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A G
msg tools
Fairly easily actually, just force every player to use the special victory strategy card, Manually remove the brood war event cards, and use only regular Starcraft board game units.

But yeah, not sure why you would really want too. The brood war expansion improves the game in so many ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bit of a thread necro, but I noticed that the module is no longer available on Vassal. Is there a reason for its disappearance? Does anyone have a link to where I could download the module?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saturn
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Vassal module is still here:
http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:StarCraft:_The_Board_Game
Have a look on comments part.

I don't know if it is the versino you are looking for...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Zypher
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've been playing this for a couple days so far, good work.

However, I had to manually edit the module to add in an additional three hydralisks for the Zerg players (they're supposed to have six each, but only have three in the module.) I may do manual edits later to shrink the UI buttons a bit so that there's more visual space and possibly remove some sounds/add a "order placed" button so that players know when the previous person has finished their action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Zypher
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So, after going through the module, I've noticed two mistakes:

1. Three Hydralisks instead of Six per Zerg player.

2. Avernus Station is not in the pile of Planet Tokens; it is instead listed as a second Gehenna Station.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Sammy Ahmad
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
This module is awesome! complete with sound effects from the game and everything!

Just one thing: is there any way to move planets once they are on the board? Also Z-Axis markers cannot be flipped when a transport is on the other end right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A G
msg tools
PolterGhost wrote:

2. Avernus Station is not in the pile of Planet Tokens; it is instead listed as a second Gehenna Station.

Hmm, strange that I never saw that while working on it. I'll see if I can fix it next chance I get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.J.
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The module is awesome. Though I noticed that for some reason on the overmind board, it says that guardian can target air instead of ground.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Sammy Ahmad
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Zackreaver wrote:
PolterGhost wrote:

Hmm, strange that I never saw that while working on it. I'll see if I can fix it next chance I get.

That would be awesome man! Also if it's not too much trouble, see if there's a way to move planets around once they're placed on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
qess qess
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm curious, how is this module compared to the Table top simulator version? Never tried it myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.