Jason
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I received Dragonspire for Christmas and have enjoyed the few times I've played it so much that I immediately ordered the other five boxes from Boards and Bits. They should be arriving today, and I wanted to get a jump on all of the sorting and storage issues. I've read most of the related forum material here on the subject so I wouldn't be one of those guys that just shows up and asks "what now?" without a clue. However, I wanted to lay out my understanding of what is extra and can be safely sorted away into an unused box.

By my count I should be able to essentially sort out and store the following items if I plan on using the base cards from Dragonspire:

Base set:

Iron Rations
Daggers
Militia
Torches
Diseases
old-style Randomizer cards
any old-style dividers that may be included to fit the old style insert

Wrath of elements:

another set of Militia
old-style randomizer cards
the extra Promo and blank dividers

Doomgate Legion:

old-style randomizer cards

Dragonspire:

Dragon-Humanoid divider

Thornwood Siege:
Everything still in use but need to print and paste up errata counters

Heart of Doom:

Harruli divider and I need to verify that I receive the missing/mispacked set of shrinkwrapped cards.

Does this sound/look right?

Thanks

Note: I know that the base card stacks in Dragonspire are smaller than in the base game, but that shouldn't affect my play as I don't ever see myself playing with 5 people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Snertz
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just Dragonspire and Thornwood. When playing a 5 player game, there are no Militia left in the supply. We found this a little annoying as many of the Thornwood cards interact with Militia. One player said he wished he could buy additional food. So I would keep some of your extra militia out of storage and possibly iron rations specifically for 5 player games. I think the base set comes with more Militia than Dragonspire so maybe you can just use those (or the Wrath replacements).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
@Jason

Seems you're only missing
- BGG Clan promo (divider comes with WotE)
- Promo 1 (has the Harruli, 1 trap, 2 monsters, and 1 guardian. Divider for Harruli is in TS)
- Promo 2 (has Dragon-Humanoid monsters, 1 guardian, 1 setting. Divider for Dragon-Humanoid is in DS)
- Promo 3 (Werewolves, 1 monster, 1 guardian, 1 setting. Divider for Werewolves in TS)

Only Promo 1 is available to buy on the AEG store, and the BGG promo is still available in BGG store. AEG has mentioned in threads from the Promo 3 page that these will be re-printed and available in a future expansion.

--

As for what's extra, I'd suggest the following:
-Use whichever set you prefer the art for Daggers, Diseases, Iron Rations, Militias, Torches and tuck the other set aside. For 5 player games, keep the extra set on table as Base cards should be available in village (even though unlikely to buy them often)

- You can set aside all randomizers from pre-DS sets and keep the newer ones.
- Use Exp tokens or Cards, whichever you prefer and set other system aside.
- Dividers from base game can be set aside as starting with WotE, newer ones have been available including for the base.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That helps a lot. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, just a quick note, all Dungeon Feature cards (from Monster randomizers) should be used.

When you randomize your monsters, it's at your discretion to use more than one Dungeon Feature selected. I personally always use a Guardian so if any more are picked I use more. A game may have nothing other than the guardian just as it could have a Setting, 2 sets of Traps, 1 of treasures and 2 guardians...

Note that all cards have the game's acronym on it if you look carefully, you can see it, like "DS" for easy reference, perhaps for cleanup/storage.

And finally, if you sleeve your cards with basic sleeves, you can fit all cards in 2 boxes, I like the DS box for all Monsters & Heroes and then use whichever newer expansion box came out for all my village, base, and randomizer cards.

Sorry if I babbled, I figured you might wanna know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.