Descent: Journeys in the Dark» Forums » General

Subject: Battlefoam to release Descent bag rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dominic InyokaMadoda
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to add to the previous thread about Battlefoam making a Descent kit, I've been exchanging a couple of emails with Battlefoam and they have said that (in their words) After speaking with Romeo, the kit should be released by January 15th or sooner. The kit I have suggested to them is one that covers ALL 1st Edition miniatures as a precursor to all of us porting our minis over to 2nd Edition. Fingers crossed that this comes off!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It covers the cardboard tiles, not the CastleKits tiles, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic InyokaMadoda
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must admit that I only asked for a kit that could hold the miniatures. I don't know if they would be able to incorporate the tiles as well into the bag - I guess it all depends on how much space they all take up in the trays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here it is:

http://uk.battlefoam.com/descent-board-game-foam-tray-kit-fo...

I had hoped for a footprint that would fit the actual descent box (these are about 1 cm too wide to fit the base game box). And I had hoped for trays to accommodate the expansion figures.

The trays for the floor tiles, dice and tokens are also quite useless. I want foam to protect my painted minis, not the cardboard and dice. This is especially irksome as the trays are only sold as a set.

Too bad. I'd have loved to get some Battle-foam for my Descent game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. Seriously, what a letdown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic InyokaMadoda
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have sent an email through to them to ask about plans for trays for the expansion figures. So we may have to wait a little while for a response there.

As for fitting it into the original box - I would guess that it just simply isn't big enough. There's an awful lot of minis in the base game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InyokaMadoda wrote:
I have sent an email through to them to ask about plans for trays for the expansion figures. So we may have to wait a little while for a response there.

any news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.