Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would anyone be interested in a math trad announcement thread that was just for general public, US math trades? I find myself not checking the announcements because many of them are in Europe or related to conventions, and have missed a few choice trades as a result. Good idea? Or unnecessarily picky?

And, would it work better as a geeklist, so we could turn off comments and avoid noise?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I certainly wouldn't object to having one, but for me it's not bad just ignoring about 1 new post a week about a math trade that doesn't apply to me. At least, that's how the traffic level feels to me.

Would you really want "US-only MT's", or would you want "General MT including US"?

Who would maintain this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One should just scan the OLWLG page every X days to see what is going on in the world of math trades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
go for it. I'd appreciate it. though i think i got off some kind of announcement list previously. I've traded most of my decent stuff already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How long does it take to check your subscriptions and click "Mark Read" on the ones you aren't interested in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the current math trade announcement list, 88 percent of the trades are of no use to me. This gradually erodes the usefulness of the thread and makes me less likely to open a notification over time. When it comes to shipping physical stuff around, all of those modernist conventions like geography and national borders still matter, hence my I interest in a US/unrestricted trade notification method.

I'll start a geeklist and see if it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.