Risk Legacy» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Earth 616: Game 1 (No Spoliers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sense there is no serial number on my board to tell me otherwise; Welcome to Earth 616.
Player 1 – Nathan (me)
Player 2 – Cydnee
Player 3 – Josh
Player 4 – Bill
Player 5 – Unknown

Game 1

12 coins added at random.

Countries with 2 coin each
South Africa
New Guinea
Greenland
Western United States
Japan
Irkutsk
Ural
Brazil
Peru
Western Europe
Southern Europe
Northern Europe

Game 1 only had 3 players in it. Nathan, Cydnee and Josh.

Pick/Start Order
1) Josh – Khan Industries ( +1 Troop in each HQ)
2) Cyd – Enclave of the Bear (-1 to defender’s lowest dice when you attack your first territory each turn)
3) Nathan – Imperial Balkania ( Draw a resource card if expanding 4+ territories)
Josh started in Central Africa.
Cyd started in Ontario.
Nathan started in Southeast Asia.

The War

Turn 1

Josh with his 3 armies to start plus his extra guy was easily able to take all of Africa and move into Brazil.

Cyd took all of North America and massed troops in Central America claiming out loud that the South was hers to take.

Nathan shuffled 4 armies into Australia and claimed a resource card.

Turn 2

Josh took the rest of South America and reinforced Venezula with some troops from Africa.

Cyd with her massive troop bounce and -1 to the defenders lowest dice; smashed her way into South America. Claimed a resource card.

Nathan took 4 more territories in China and northern Asia. Claimed second resource card.

Turn 3

Josh attacked back into South America. Nathan, wanting josh to keep Cyd and her giant army bonus busy, threw down an Ammo Shortage on Venezula. Josh took back South America with ease. He then set his eyes onto breaking into N. America. Cyd threw down a bunker on Central America and was able to thwart his attack. Josh took his first resource card.

Cyd put some more guys into Central America to hold the border. The rest of her massive armies came from Alaska into Asia to take vengeance on Nathan, taking his most northern countries and stopping right outside of China. She took her second resource card.

Nathan simply took one country from Cyd and held tight in Southeast Asia and China taking his third resource card.
So far, all resource cards were either the 1 coin card or a territory with only 1 coin on it.

Turn 4

Josh pressed his luck but was able to take Central America w/ bunker from Cyd and expanded into Europe so he would be able to grab the Southern Europe 2 coin Resource card. His second now.

Cyd turned her two cards in for 4 extra troops and took back Central America.

Nathan turned in his 3 cards and with the armies he and been massing took half and stormed up through Asia, into Alaska all the way to Ontario taking Cyd’s Capital. The second half of his army expanded into India and the middle east and broke right into East Africa. Josh was so distracted in his American battles, there was only 1 army in Central Africa. He threw his bunker down as a last ditch effort…but in the end…
Nathan was the first to sign the board.

Rewards

Nathan – Major City in Greenland: Winterfell
Josh – Minor City in Central Africa: New Utopic (looking back I guess he shouldn’t have been able to put this here because it wasn’t a country held onto. No big deal though.)
Cyd – Minor City in Japan: Laputa

Continue the WAR ---> Game 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hound Archon wrote:
Sense there is no serial number on my board to tell me otherwise; Welcome to Earth 616.

It should be stamped on the bottom middle of your board, without ink. It's sort of difficult to see. Apologies if you've already looked there and Hasbro actually neglected to stamp your copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
Hound Archon wrote:

It should be stamped on the bottom middle of your board, without ink. It's sort of difficult to see. Apologies if you've already looked there and Hasbro actually neglected to stamp your copy.

I looked around that area and almost drove myself crazy looking all over for it. So far Cyd and Josh didn't see it either. I'll make my friend Bill look for it too once he joins the war. No big deal if it's not there though. Earth 616 for life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Night Owl

Pennsylvania
msg tools
I'm surprised that you got to set up in Australia, being the third pick. I'm hoping the packets do something to change Australia's god mode status.

Is Laputa a reference to Studio Ghibli?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOwlandWhatshisnam wrote:

That or a reference to the ICBM complex that Major Kong attempted to bomb in Dr. Strangelove (it'd be in the Eastern USSR in that case).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised that you got to set up in Australia, being the third pick. I'm hoping the packets do something to change Australia's god mode status.

I've won plenty of Risk games by holding North America and once by even going into Europe right off the bat. Australia is good, but it's not a for sure thing. As see in Our Risk Legacy Game 2http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/745804/earth-616-game-2-no-s........Though it was pretty much a 2v1.

My g/f will be happy to know someone got her Ghibli reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin LaFleur
Canada
flag msg tools
Weird coincidence, named a city on my board Winterfel too. In Russia though. As far as you know is that name from something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LSU LSU
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aegiscruiser wrote:
Weird coincidence, named a city on my board Winterfel too. In Russia though. As far as you know is that name from something?

I imagine the reference earlier is to a Game of Thrones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LSUtigers wrote:
aegiscruiser wrote:

I imagine the reference earlier is to a Game of Thrones.

Correct. After watching the first season of the show, I read all 5 books. It's a great series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.