Japan
Irkutsk
Ural
Brazil
Peru
Western Europe
Southern Europe
Northern Europe

Game 2 only had 3 players in it. Nathan, Cydnee and Josh.

Pick/Start Order
1) Josh – Saharan Republic ( Maneuver at any point during your turn)
2) Cyd – Imperial Balkania ( Draw a resource card if expanding 4+ territories)
3) Nathan – Khan Industries ( +1 Troop in each HQ)

Josh started in Eastern United States.
Cyd started in Brazil.
Nathan started in China.

The War

This game Cyd went for Imperial Balkania seeing how powerful it was to get resource cards turns before everyone else. Josh wanted to try something a little different with Saharan Republic. Myself, I figured I go with Khan Industries after seeing Josh and Cyd pinky swear to not fight each other until I was defeated. I was going to need as many men as I could muster.

Turn 1

Josh expanded into most of North America. Losing two armies in the taking of Winterfell (Greenland). He lest most of his troops in Central America, just in case the treaty with Cyd went sour.

Cyd took all of South America and some of Africa. In Venezula she matched Josh’s armies on the border. She claimed her South Africa Resource card (2 coins).

Nathan once again took Australia and made the painful walking into Japan taking Laputa.

Turn 2

Josh put some troops in Winterfell and took a good chunk of Europe. Using his team power he moved some of his guys from Central America a little north and then expanded, claiming the rest of North America.

Cyd expanded just enough to get another card. Calming all but one country in Africa. She took the Peru resource card, giving her 2 cards total (4 coins).

Nathan not wanting to fall behind on resource cards attacked into 1 country in Africa containing 2 armies. Cyd’s roll of 5 and 4 was going to kill two of my guys on rolls of 1, 2 and 5. Knowing that I was being hunted by two players I had used my Missile. My roll was now 6, 5 beating her 5, 4. So instead of losing two guys, Cyd did instead. Happy with getting a resource, I Maneuvered back to China. Cyd was so sure if she didn’t take the last country in Africa for the continent bonus, I wouldn’t attack her. Boy was she angry.

Turn 3

Josh, hoping to take me out and gain my resource cards, proceed to launch a full on attack against me. Glad to disappoint, Nathan’s dice won more than not and held off his giant army.

Cyd turned her 4 coins in for a good size army pool this turn. She put half in Venezula and the other half in Africa. She then marched into the wounded China taking Nathan’s Capital. Her eyes than turned to Josh’s Capital in the Eastern United States. He had some armies in Central America with a bunker to protect him. But Cyd was able to burst through. And just for fun I threw down an Ammo Shortage onto the Eastern United States. Cyd took Josh’s capital too.
She signed her name on the board.

Rewards

Cyd – Name Australia: Kyoshi Island
Nathan – Minor City in New Guinea: The Shire
Josh – Added a coin to Northern Europe (a 3 coin card now)

So far the group is having a blast playing this game. No packets opened yet but we’re dying to know! Next time we play will have all 4 players Nathan, Cyd, Josh and Bill. With some luck, maybe even a 5th player.
Hope everyone enjoys reading these battle reports! Till next time!

Continue the WAR ----> Game 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Far Imperial Balkania has 2 victories under it's belt. I knew that Draw a resource card if expanding 4+ territories power was going to be big. I'm very curious to see how well that power continues to shine when more people join the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hound Archon wrote:
So Far Imperial Balkania has 2 victories under it's belt. I knew that Draw a resource card if expanding 4+ territories power was going to be big. I'm very curious to see how well that power continues to shine when more people join the game.

It is a very powerful ability, and its power increases with fewer players. Playing with five, you will usually get one resource card before you have to start fighting. If the other players recognize it, they may be able to block you from drawing one from expansion entirely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.