Vincent Roscioli
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Magic Judge
mbmbmbmbmb

Welcome to BSG 242: Escape Velocity. It will be a 6-player base game using the Sympathizer with no minimal house rules (see below). This is my first time using the mod tools, so please be on the lookout for any goofs.

Players

Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Brendan Cox
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thomas White
United States
Pacific Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Perry Tan
New Zealand
Auckland
North Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Jeff Allen
United States
Chicago
IL - Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Dan McCauley
United States
Mountville (Lancaster County)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Guidelines

If you haven't played a PBF game before, I recommend reading through one of the previous games in this forum. Please keep the following in mind when playing:

* I'd like to keep the game moving fairly quickly. If it is your turn to act, you are expected to do so within 24 hours (unless you've given prior notice that you'll be unavailable for an extended period of time). To support this, please be sure to subscribe to this thread and check in at least once or twice per day.

* Per FFG request, all players must have their own copies of the game. Only the names of cards will be posted (except in cases where this would cause ambiguity).

* All communication between players must occur in this thread only. Outside channels of communication are forbidden. Private communications between players and me will be conducted via BGG geekmail. Please prefix your messages with "[BSG 242][character name]" (e.g. "[BSG 242][Adama] how do i shot web").

* Please use the typical conventions for action, discussion, and flavor text. Specifically, I will not execute any action that is not bolded.

* At the top of each post, please include your character's name. Banners for each character can be found here. Other images (for flavor) can be found here.

* Please do not go back and edit posts if either (1) another post has already been made after yours; or (2) a significant amount of time has passed since the post. In either case, simply make a new post stating what you would have changed. This is to prevent confusion.

* Do not post any major spoilers to the television series in this thread. Things that could be minor spoilers are okay, but make sure they are spoiler-tagged.

* Please use conditional orders (COs) to speed up the game. These should be sent to me via geekmail and be properly tagged as indicated above. In many cases, I will not wait for interrupts where they would not normally be played unless there is a specific CO telling me to do so. For example, I will not wait for plays of Strategic Planning on a Launch Scout die roll, unless only one raptor remains. Similarly, I will not wait for plays of Evasive Manuevers unless it would destroy the last viper in a space area that also has civilian ships. If you want the opportunity to play cards for these, please enter a CO. It is also permissible to send a geekmail to temporarily suspend a CO. (e.g. if you have a CO to "Play my lowest Declare Emergency whenever it would help", you may say "Do not play Declare Emergency on this check".) Please be specific about your COs. If I feel there is any ambiguity, I will not execute the CO.

* All COs are to be sent privately to me only. No public COs are allowed, including posting bold text when it isn't your turn to act. The exception to this is that posting "TANK" into a skill check interrupt token or play token is acceptable. If you do so, you will automatically pass on interrupts and will also pass on playing cards into the check unless someone before you does. This, along with the other secrecy rules, will be strictly enforced.

* Turn summaries will be maintained on this geeklist: Turn Summaries

House Rules

* While this game is mostly the base game, it will be using the Resurrection Ship location from the Pegasus overlay and loyalty card hand-off rules. This location can be seen here. Note that the other three cylon locations will be those of the base game, not the ones on the Pegasus overlay.

* Additionally, we will be using the versions of Investigative Committee included with the Pegasus expansion. (The only difference is that they do not reveal the cards played by Destiny.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
England
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Azorius Senate
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for waiting until my game starts, their have been a few delays so it may be a while, but I'll notify you as soon as it does start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
England
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Azorius Senate
mbmbmbmbmb
We're started so you can now invite
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Roscioli
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Magic Judge
mbmbmbmbmb

The following players have been invited:

nuke737 checked in
sockhands checked in
blark checked in
zalendar checked in
Acenoid
Schwade

Alternate 1: leafboy checked in
Alternate 2: IrishRenegade checked in

Players have 36 hours from the time of this post to check in. Once all players have checked in, I will randomly assign player order and we will begin character selection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Tan
New Zealand
Auckland
North Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in! Ready to get some toaster frying action. XD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas White
United States
Pacific Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in as well, and ready to pop some chrome domes in the new year!

Also, given the game number, can we dub Front 242 the offical alternate sountrack for the game? http://www.front242.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Cox
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Accept as an alternate, thanks for the invite!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurker

Does this mean that Waiting Time Benchmark #6 has got its first invite at 3.5 months?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Roscioli
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Magic Judge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmsgrey wrote:
Lurker

Does this mean that Waiting Time Benchmark #6 has got its first invite at 3.5 months?

This set of invites did hit Waiting Time Benchmark #6, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Roscioli
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Magic Judge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting to hear from:

sockhands
Acenoid
Schwade
IrishRenegade (Alternate)

They have about 29 hours left on their invites.

Additionally, if anyone has any questions, particularly about COs or secrecy, now would be a good time to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas White
United States
Pacific Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VRoscioli wrote:
Additionally, if anyone has any questions, particularly about COs or secrecy, now would be a good time to ask.

Is there a specific color palatte you would like us to use for indicating card colors (making sure we all use the same blue, etc)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Roscioli
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Magic Judge
mbmbmbmbmb
blark wrote:
VRoscioli wrote:

Is there a specific color palatte you would like us to use for indicating card colors (making sure we all use the same blue, etc)?

Anything recognizable is fine. I personally use orange, green (or g with curly braces), purple, red (or r with curly braces), and blue (or b with curly braces).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are the colors I use as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan McCauley
United States
Mountville (Lancaster County)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternate #2 checking in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Tan
New Zealand
Auckland
North Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All these Americans!! I feel so outnumbered hahahaha. Good thing that I stay up late for late ebay auctions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VRoscioli wrote:
rmsgrey wrote:
Lurker

This set of invites did hit Waiting Time Benchmark #6, yes.

Yes, quite the lag. Up from the usual 2 months for an "any" game. Sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Allen
United States
Chicago
IL - Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Oh my gods, I am so late. Not gonna happen again. Checking in to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Roscioli
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Magic Judge
mbmbmbmbmb
We now have six people checked in, so this game will start no later than this evening. Still waiting another 12 hours to see if the other two invitees check in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Roscioli
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Magic Judge
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel free to send in COs for character selection. You can also send in COs for your starting draws (if you don't care what your loyalty card(s)/other players' characters are before deciding).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Roscioli
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Magic Judge
mbmbmbmbmb

The player order will be:

1. zalendar
2. leafboy
3. blark
4. nuke737
5. sockhands
6. IrishRenegade

By CO, zalendar selects Helo.

leafboy, please choose a character from:

Roslin, Baltar, Zarek
Apollo, Starbuck, Boomer
Chief
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Cox
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You wanted me to fix WHAT?!? Okay, but it'll cost you...

I choose to play as "Chief" Galen Tyrol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas White
United States
Pacific Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Don't worry Chief, I know a guy who can get you the parts you need...

I choose the right honorable representative from Sagittaron, Tom Zarek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
Germany
41472 Neuss
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VRoscioli wrote:

The following players have been invited:

nuke737 checked in
sockhands checked in
blark checked in
zalendar checked in
Acenoid
Schwade

Alternate 1: leafboy checked in
Alternate 2: IrishRenegade checked in

Players have 36 hours from the time of this post to check in. Once all players have checked in, I will randomly assign player order and we will begin character selection.

Hi there!

Sorry for the long feedback time - I was out of town until now. Anyways I would hope for a pegasus / exodus game a bit longer. Thanks for the invitation! And good luck humnans!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Roscioli
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Magic Judge
mbmbmbmbmb

By CO, nuke737 chooses Apollo.

sockhands, please choose one of the following characters:

Adama, Tigh
Roslin, Baltar
Starbuck, Boomer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [32] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.