Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If on my first roll I roll more than one needed die results, I can or cannot keep more than one, it almost seems like the rule book states that you can only keep one die per roll, I'm just not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
bmwrider wrote:
If on my first roll I roll more than one needed die results, I can or cannot keep more than one, it almost seems like the rule book states that you can only keep one die per roll, I'm just not sure.

You can keep whatever dice you wish and re-roll the rest. You therefore can keep one or more dice, use a Clue and re-roll the rest.

Perhaps the official FAQ would help.

Quote:
Items, Spells, Clues, & Allies

Can you clarify exactly what spending a Clue token
allows a player to do?

After a player has made a roll, but before it is resolved, he
may spend a Clue token to re-roll one, some, or all of his
dice. Afterward, he may spend another Clue token if he still
isn’t happy with the re-rolled result (again re-rolling one,
some, or all of his dice), and so on, until he’s out of Clue
tokens. Note that abilities that are usable only "once per
roll" do not reset to be used again until the roll actually
finally resolves.

EDIT: I just realised that you may be asking something totally different. I have assumed you were asking about using Clues and re-rolling but now I am not sure.

Please post again to clarify your question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
bmwrider wrote:

If you are unable to complete a task, you do not keep any dice*. You must discard a die and then re-roll the rest. You do not get to "keep" a die for your next turn unless you (i) Focus, (ii) Assist, (iii) play a Spell.

Note: You may Focus or Assist after you fail a Task and set aside a die, please read the rulebook for more on this.
Note: You may play a Spell after you roll the dice and keep one of the rolled dice on it, again read the rulebook.

Judging by your question you seem to have misunderstood one of the fundamentals of the game. Maybe you need to explain your question in greater detail so we can try and work out what you are doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elizabeth Gurnack

Americus
Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you roll and succeed in completing a task, you spend the dice to complete the task then you CANNOT keep any other dice. (This is unless you have a spell that says you can.)

If you roll and do not succeed, you must discard one die, and you may keep one die and roll the rest. (You may keep more dice IFF there are other characters there assisting you or if you have a spell.) Any dice saved by focusing or assisting cannot be rerolled.

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'm just not clear about rolling all together.

The book says at the end of pg. 6 a player may only complete a single task with each roll of the dice, even if the results allow him to meet the requirements of 2 or more tasks combined, so one task per roll right? you must roll 3 times for 3 tasks or 5 times for 5 tasks ect.

If you roll 0 needed results for the tasks on your first roll what do you do, the book is hard to understand, as you all know.

The book talkes about failing to complete a task but kinda goes straight to failing the entire adventure card not a single roll, I just don't get it, I want my group to play this but I can't introduce a game I don't understand myself, please help me here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Beween Chris Lawsons post above, the FAQ, and the rules, you should have what you need to know to answer this.

I could re-summarize what Chris said, but if you can't understand that you won't understand my contributions either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, somehow I did not see Chris's post, I understand now, thanks for the help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.