Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see the FF FAQ on their website but it would be too large to print and fit on the table without being in the way.
I'm looking for something small enough to leave out for players to look at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Raciborski
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is called the second printing. :) I usually print out one copy and just pass it around as needed. You know, look this up, while I look in the rule book for the same info.

My gripe with the corrections and FAQ on FFG's webpage is the amount of toner it takes to print just the cover page. Why can't they also put up a printer friendly copy up? It is dated so it is going to be revised? It is amazing how many coupons and other crap that I print and are designed with a solid color outlining things. In this case the pages are even darken a little along with the heavy toner dump areas. Nothing like an ink jet printer and the pages come out soaken wet.

I have to say given the card typos, the sorry rule book, FFG should offer at a token price replacements. Clearly no one cared enough to proof read anything or test played the game with a new group forcing them to read the final draft of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
I used an image editor on my Mac:
http://lemkesoft.com/content/188/graphicconverter.html
to trim each page of the PDF so that the borders were cut off. Then I printed each trimmed page (not the cover page at all) in B&W. I hate wasting my ink, too.

EDIT: you can shrink the image, too, before printing, and then cut off the extra paper, to make a smaller FAQ booklet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Raciborski
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
to trim each page of the PDF so that the borders were cut off. Then I printed each trimmed page (not the cover page at all) in B&W. I hate wasting my ink, too.

EDIT: you can shrink the image, too, before printing, and then cut off the extra paper, to make a smaller FAQ booklet.

Click on the poster's third micro badge. :)
Check on my first one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danamark wrote:
Jude wrote:

Click on the poster's third micro badge.
Check on my first one.

Oh my god that is so funny

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Roberts
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like someone needs to walk in here with a Ubuntu badge and then you people can have a Mexican Stand off!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:

could you post that for all of us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wray
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure you are using draft mode or whatever passes for the least ink. My pages printed out in 15 seconds or less on my HP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Print it on a laser printer (you do have one instead of an inkjet don't you?) and use a stapler to keep them together.

I made a pdf of a CoC FAQ in LaTeX once to help people here. The next CoC FAQ from FFG came in two versions: normal and printer friendly.

I can try that again and see what FFG does this time (you would think they would learn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.