Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Suggestions

Subject: Board Game Expansion Plays rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
...
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently, there does not seem to be a good way to log a game play with an expansion. For example, if I play Carcassonne with 2 expansions, the only way to log that is to add a game play for each item and mark the 2 expansion entries on "Does not count." This takes a lot of time and seems really clunky. I'd like to see a feature when adding a game play to also indicate which expansions were used by being able to pick them and add them to the main game play item. Thanks!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan Karp has said that whis will be implemented when the play-recording system is overhauled. However, last I heard the project is on hold until at least after the site re-design and the marketplace re-write.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.A.
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote:
I'd like to see a feature when adding a game play to also indicate which expansions were used by being able to pick them and add them to the main game play item.


There are several (many?) people wanting a new play record system, but we still have to wait. All we can do is nag from time to time and hope...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Settler_of_Agricola wrote:
shigadeyo wrote:
I'd like to see a feature when adding a game play to also indicate which expansions were used by being able to pick them and add them to the main game play item.


There are several (many?) people wanting a new play record system, but we still have to wait. All we can do is nag from time to time and hope...


I'd like it if they had a BGG feature "Kickstarter" where people could have some portion of their donation go toward features they want.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I never record expansion plays. I just record the base game plays.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Military Muskrat wrote:
I never record expansion plays. I just record the base game plays.


I've been recording them at a Quantity 0 so they don't mess with the totals, but you can still see them in the data.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rshipley wrote:
Military Muskrat wrote:
I never record expansion plays. I just record the base game plays.


I've been recording them at a Quantity 0 so they don't mess with the totals, but you can still see them in the data.

I didn't know you could do that. Maybe I'll try that next time...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
...
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rshipley wrote:
Military Muskrat wrote:
I never record expansion plays. I just record the base game plays.


I've been recording them at a Quantity 0 so they don't mess with the totals, but you can still see them in the data.


I typically record everything with a note about which play the expansion applies to, but them mark the expansion play as "Does not count."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote:
I typically record everything with a note about which play the expansion applies to, but them mark the expansion play as "Does not count."


Does that make it not count toward play totals?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, why would they even add a "does not count" option?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Military Muskrat wrote:
Wait, why would they even add a "does not count" option?


There is a "Don't count Win Stats" which I think is for when you record players, etc, but I'm not sure if it does anything but record if it is checked. There's no "does not count" as far as I can tell.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
...
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rshipley wrote:
Military Muskrat wrote:
Wait, why would they even add a "does not count" option?


There is a "Don't count Win Stats" which I think is for when you record players, etc, but I'm not sure if it does anything but record if it is checked. There's no "does not count" as far as I can tell.


You're right, it's "Doesn't Apply To Win Statistics." I guess I must have misunderstood the way it works.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.