Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walter Sandsquish
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I found this variant at the end of the rules for The Stone Wall fan-created expansion. It's actually a variant for the Scout tiles, not The Stone Wall tiles, though, so I thought I'd post a re-phrasing of it here, where it might be found a little more easily.

Shaman uses the Scout tiles for Hunter & Gatherer. Instead of using the Scout rules, however, do the following:

Shuffle the Scout tiles into the bonus tiles, and treat them as additional bonus tiles. When the "shaman in the forest," "shaman on the lake," "shaman in the sweat lodge," or "shaman on the bridge" tile is drawn, place it on the playing field, according to the base-game's rules of play, then take a green disc and cover any animal, mushroom patch, or gold nugget on the playing field which hasn't been scored yet. The covered symbol will no longer affect scoring or bonus-tile use.

Notice that the "shaman on the bridge" tile allows for a tribe member to be placed in four areas: on either of the two meadows, the river, or the bridge. If a tribe member is placed on the bridge, he hunts in both meadows, so another hunter may not already be in either meadow for a tribe member to be played there.

The "shaman in a trance" tile is not played onto the playing field. Instead, it is discarded, then the player takes two green discs and covers any two symbols as described above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.