Subject: Mana Draw Card special power rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Beller
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
I am sorry about these questions...I love the game, but there are lots of little things that I need to make sure I am playing right.

Here is my question about Mana Draw:

Let say in the Source, there is a gold die, and a green die. In a combat, I need red mana. So, I pay a white crystal to power the special power on Mana Draw, take the green die and turn it into a red die, and take 2 Red crystals. Now, does the Red die go back NOW into the Source, or still at the end of the turn. AND....does that that red die now count as mana that I can spend (actually giving me 3 red mana)? AND....does that green die count toward my one mana I can use from the source that turn?

Thanks again

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Fulford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The die that you took from the source using Mana Draw does not return to the source until the end of your turn. As noted on the card, it will not be re-rolled, so it would stay red.

That die doesn't provide mana by itself, but you do get two red mana tokens - you use the same crystal pieces to mark them, but they don't go into your inventory and are lost at the end of the turn if you don't use them.

Since you used a white crystal to power Mana Draw, you are still allowed to take one die from the source to use as mana. In your example, you could still use the gold die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It goes back at the end of the turn, it doesn't count as a mana you can spend (you only have two of the color) and it does not count as your source die.

...ninja-ed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Beller
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
ok, did it all correctly, then.

Cool,

Thanks

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.