Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the opponent removes the last influence with instalions and the next turn places his influence token in order to take control of a starbase instalation, will he gain VP as well? The rules doesn't state that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so. I think that the VP is for building the starbase. The same way that the person who lost the starbase won't lose the VP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So basically, you win VIP when upgrading from colony to starbase.
This is VP cummulative if you built several starbases?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BGFreakDag2PT wrote:
So basically, you win VIP when upgrading from colony to starbase.
This is VP cummulative if you built several starbases?

Each time you upgrade a colony to a starbase, you get 1 VP. You don't gain (or lose) a VP when you steal a starbase (or have one stolen from you). This isn't stated explicitly, but I think it's suggested by the table on page 18 of the rules. Similarly, you don't earn a VP when you gain control of an abandoned starbase (via an Encounter card).

It would seem that you do gain 1 VP if you steal a colony and then later upgrade it to a starbase...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. That way it's possible to win VP, after stealing colony then upgrading it to starbase.

Thanks for clearing my doubts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.