Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb

http://www.yucata.de/en/Game/FewAcresOfSnow/1892890

Yucata games don't seem to end if the British player settles Quebec. Pretty funny!

In fact, after I won the siege at Tadoussac, the game crashed and we got an "Err1: Location check" message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
Was this a settle after raiding Quebec twice or a post-siege settle?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on man. Settling Quebec is like stealing bases, when you are up by 20 runs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
What do we do now?

We live in peace, Tim. We live in peace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
garygarison wrote:
Was this a settle after raiding Quebec twice or a post-siege settle?

This was after raiding from Fort Halifax.

My opening is governor/Indians. If my Indians show up before the governor AND my opponent has developed or settled (e.g., at Halifax) AND didn't draft a Fort/CdB/Indians, then I will settle FtH and raid for an easy 10 point swing.

Later on in the game after had tried raiding me and had put Quebec and his Fort in the L-burg siege, I raided again to eliminate the disc. After taking L-burg, i was massing for the big siege, but then I realized I could just settle FTW. Or so I thought!

Brer Bear had to delete the game.

I also don't think the Yucata program handles locations being out of supply the way it should, but it's hard to tell from the British side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
Come on man. Settling Quebec is like stealing bases, when you are up by 20 runs.

No, it's like kneeling down to run down the clock. Only more so: It should the game immediately!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
You settled from Tadoussac? It just shows that it is still under siege? Left it under siege, but still gave you the location?
Edit, or I guess you could just settle from LB, but Tad is still under siege?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I settled Quebec, but the game didn't end. So then I laid siege to Tad from L-burg. As soon as I won the siege I had 14 pts in cubes/discs. The game then crashed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, that is pretty nutty. Might not have been prepared for someone to win like that.

Forting Quebec might be a good move after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
Ah, that is pretty nutty. Might not have been prepared for someone to win like that.

Forting Quebec might be a good move after all.

Yea, if they have raiders and still have Pemaquid and a boat, you need to keep Quebec + defenders in hand or have 1 defender for each possible raider.

Or you can just fortify it, which French might want to do anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ironically, I had a game end after successfully sieging quebec, and NOT having a way to colonize it in my hand. The game ended anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
Isn't that a standard winning condition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, you normally don't need to settle Quebec; you just need to win the siege. It's in the FAQ that you raid it down and settle it FTW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.