10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Could you help to find out what game it is? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: identify [+] [View All]
SleeperAwakes d
Lithuania
flag msg tools
Hello fellow gamers, i have registered here only to ask one question, when i was a child (ten - eight years back) my friend has a board game and we had a lot of fun playing it, now this game is long lost, and i wonder if someone could help me to find out that game name and maybe even where to buy one. i will try to describe as detailed as i remember it, and please forgive me for broken English. First of all game had a board like monopolis, you gone from start to start again just to begin another circle, players took turns, you could buy property, like building industry, war industry, motor industries, football teams, even strip bars and corrupted sheriff, some of those industries could be upgraded with houses, there even was a contraband, you could buy it if you stood on that square, and if you managed to stand on the same spot again , you could sell that alcohol contraband for ten times more, as i remember there was stock market to, and special cards, like monopolis chance but called fate (had a skull and hourglass on back of cards) and justice (scales on back of cards) . some of those cards was rock bands (if you own one and other player stands in the same square as you, he must pay you), there even was a bank robbery cards, peace card which made war industries buildings closed, and a lot more special events cards. please write if you recognize this game, thank you (:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like a weird themed version of Monopoly. You should sift through the different versions and see if any ring a bell.

I googled monopoly versions and several websites appeared to have listings...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SleeperAwakes d
Lithuania
flag msg tools
thank you for the reply i will check the listings but i think it's not a some twist of monopoly, maybe just in some ways influenced by monopoly, but a different game. i am trying to find it in this site list's of games, but there is to many of them that it will take ages for me to find this game just by pictures i am already at 19nth page of all games

Update: i have checked monopoly versions, and is i thought it's not one of them, also, i'am in 30nth page of this site game list, but there are 562?! pages, i hope somebody will recognize this game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SleeperAwakes d
Lithuania
flag msg tools
Does nobody knows what game it is ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
no, it does not sound familiar at all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerri Mullis
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghettopoly, if this is the one it is expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SleeperAwakes d
Lithuania
flag msg tools
Thank you for the answer, i appreciate that, but i checked Ghettopoly, it isn't that game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was this game in english language?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SleeperAwakes d
Lithuania
flag msg tools
yes the game was in english, and verry well illustrated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SleeperAwakes d
Lithuania
flag msg tools
i just need a name

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.