Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey All,

Well I have a nice collection of games, and well I managed to play a couple of games of Munchkin.

While I wasn't blow away with the game, I still loved the humour and cards and the group above all had a lot of fun.

I want to add a set to my collection and I have it down to three, just wanted fellow gamers / munchkin players suggestion to which one I might like.

Of course I understand the love / hate relationship some have with the Munchkin series and I guess it does come down to theme.

So which one of the following:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Brulet
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rusty1982 wrote:

So which one of the following:

It looks like you're missing the choices, but I got Munchkin Zombies for Christmas and have yet to play it, but love the zombie theme and it looks fun fighting humans instead of monsters.

Also Space munchkin is pretty fun because of the weapons that stack on top of eachother. Lazer-tazer-phazer, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Which Munchkin Set
Munchkin Bites
Munchkin Cthulhu
Munchkin Booty
      13 answers
Poll created by Rusty1982

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, was adding the poll and got sidetracked. Options are up now. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Munchkin Cthulu is the most complicated of the three, but this only is an issue if you're introducing Munchkin to people who haven't played the game before. Otherwise, Munchkin Cthulhu is my favorite, thanks to the Cultist rules.

You might also want to look into classic Munchkin with the Portal expansions. The Cthulu Munchkin portals were *hard*.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chicken_Fryed_Rice wrote:
Also Space munchkin is pretty fun because of the weapons that stack on top of eachother. Lazer-tazer-phazer, etc.

Didn't it also add sidekicks like Redshirts?

I'm not a big fan of the games, but the original fantasy line has a ton of expansions, the Space set has some interesting mechanics, and Cthulhu has the cool Crazed Caverns expansion.

EDIT: Looking at your poll choices, I'd say to stay away from Bites unless you were REALLY into Vampire: the Masquerade (particularly the LARP version of the game). Many of the jokes will fall flat otherwise. Booty has "accents" instead of "races" and some groups don't like speaking in funny voices while playing games, so YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Munchkin Cthulhu it is...arriving in the morning, may even see table time this weekend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Maynor
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have Cthulhu, and hope to get Zombies soon, but we love most games involving monsters and undead. You really can;t go wrong with Munchkin Chtulhu though... the comedy is really good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meredith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to combine Munchkin Cthulhu and Star Munchkin. Makes for an interesting adventure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.