Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a thrift copy of Risk with the intention of finding, at some point in the future, a use for the little plastic dudes, or perhaps the mounted folding board.

What would you think of using the little plastic dudes instead of the little wooden blocks? I'm not sure how many men there are in each color, but you could use a cannon to represent five caballeros and use one mounted figure to represent your grande.

What do you think? Does it make EG awesomer, or less awesomer?

Poll
Would using Risk dudes as caballeros make El Grande awesomer?
Plastic molded figures trump boring wooden cubes any day of the week!
Hey, get your Ameritrash out of my Euro!
      41 answers
Poll created by tatoolo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I chose no but that said, pimp your games to how you like it! If you like the way it looks I say go for it.

I used a whole mess of Airfix 1/72 scale WWII soldiers to pimp out my Memoir '44 a while back and thought it looked great and gave the troops some variety. One guy that saw the game pimped out thought it looked confusing and he couldnt tell what type of units they were until I pointed out that all those infantry guys... they are infantry! And those tanks... those are tanks! Some people can't handle change very well at all! LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.