Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I already understand this rule, but I wanted to clarify. I am going to be hosting a Game of Thrones game for the first time later this month, and wanted to make sure I understood everything as well as I could.

The rule states:

If the land area connected to a Port is successfully attacked and taken control of by another player, that player may immediately replace any enemy Ship units in the Port with an equal number of his owen available Ship units (or as many Ship units as he has available, he desires, or is allowed by supply limits).

So my questions....

When it says 'available' Ship units, it is referring to Ship units you have already placed on the board right? This is not giving you free ship mustering right?

Also, the ships you choose to replace the enemy ships can be from anywhere on the board? They don't need to be from an adjacent area or anything? I was curious because it seemed odd that I could just warp a ship from one side of Westeros to the other and stick it in a Port connected to a land area I just took over, regardless of distance.

Thanks for any clarification you can give me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. What confused me was the way the game used the term 'available'. in the rule book it used the term available to talk about power tokens.

Available Power: Power tokens in a player’s play area, available to be bid or otherwise spent during gameplay. Power tokens in the Power Pool are not considered available power. For example, during game setup, each House receives five Power tokens from the Power Pool. In this way, each House has five available power at the beginning of the game.

So I thought the term would apply the same to Ships. Those not in play would not be available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
AsthmaticZero wrote:
You just justified the rule book's wording. Your "available" power tokens are the ones in your player area, just as your "available" ships are the ones in your player area, i.e., not on the board.

And further, your "available" power tokens do not include any power tokens you have on the board (and you can have power tokens on the board), just as your "available" ships do not include any ships you have on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Thanks guys. That helped out a lot. Let's hope I don't screw up this first game.
: )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.