Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
You are giving him credit for his image being used in a fraudulent way? How disingenuously magnanimous of you.

The stupid thing about this is that he could have gotten bi-partisan agreement to many reforms, including from the unions, just not the part where he doesn't allow public sector workers to unionize.

Most people in the state agree that he went to far. After the earlier legislative recalls, he would not be able to get a working majority to pass it again now. He may well be recalled himself. When a simlar proposal was forced into a public vote in Ohio, it was rejected. Doesn't seem like this round of union busting is going well to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
It's not fraudulent.

It strongly implies that the mayor is actively supporting the reform package which I'd consider fraudulent.

Quote:
We'll see how the recalls go. Considering the petitioners are resorting to an amazing amount of fraud, they must not feel too confident.

They will have plenty of valid signatures as unpopular as the governor is. The "amazing amount of fraud" seems to be a couple stories often repeated. I've read reports of threats and intimidation (including felonies) from Walker supporters. Should I call that "widespread violence" or just the isolated incidents they probably are?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rshipley wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
It's not fraudulent.

It strongly implies that the mayor is actively supporting the reform package which I'd consider fraudulent.

I don't think there's a way to passively make public workers to pay more for their health care and pension costs; that's a thing what requires a little action. Barret said he thinks Walker went to far, but he was apparently willing to use what he was given.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
It just thanks him for using them

And puts his posed, smiling face on the billboard as if he is endorsing something. This kind of misleading crap is gutter politics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.