Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
Just got the notice that this is coming in the mail yeah. I mostly play games 2 player with my wife. What are your thoughts on the long versus short game for two players? What are the play times for each?

Any suggestions for getting started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't play short games of any game. That said, I enjoyed the 2 player long game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
Short is quite a relative term when it comes to OeL...I have enjoyed the shorter version quite a bit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses. How long does the short game take? how long does the long game take?

FedEx says tomorrow delivery, yeah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter T Davies
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have just played the long game. We played twice, the first time - including the rules explanation - took 3 hours, but we were both amazed at this, as the time just seemed to fly by. The next game took just 2 hours, and I suspect this would be typical for the future. We both love the game! Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Erb
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mb
For me it's the same, mostly 2p with the wife. Since she isn't to keen on long games, we only played the "short version" so far, which takes us about 60-90 minutes now that we have the rules down.

We were not too happy with the open ending, where the game can take a lot longer; that is easily houseruled, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sechzger
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read a lot of different times for the length of the game for 2p.
i)I heard 2h is minimum.
ii) Then someone say 60-90 for the short game and 2h for the long game.

The second statement would be ok for me, but what is correct now. It depends on the group, but me and my GF should be mid-fast gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
short player 2player is taking us 60 - 90 mins too - nearer 60

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.