Koplopers & Dwarsliggers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Example 6 Question involving Train at Obstructed Station rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rance Leon
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Example 6 of the rules does not make sense to me, as it seems to contradict the last sentence under "Playing an Obstruction Card." That rule states, "When a train borders with its rear to an obstructed station and with its front to an unobstructed station, this train cannot be combined or split-up. Passengers may, however, change trains at the unobstructed station." That means that even though the rear end faces the obstruction (as in example 6--the rear of train 1 faces obstructed Breda), the passengers may change trains at the front of the train (as long as it is not obstructed, I assume) (which we see in example 6--the front of train 1 faces unobstructed Tilburg). However, example 6 then says, "In principle, he may have its passengers change, since the train is at Tilburg station (TB). But unfortunately, it is at the wrong platform--the one towards Breda (BD), which city suffers from an obstruction." This implies that passengers may NOT change trains even at the front unobstructed station, which contradicts the earlier rule.

(Moreover, I find the word "platform" in example 6 confusing, because it is the only use of that word in the English language rules. I recommend that the rules stick to the same wording and use "station," which I assume is meant.)

Therefore, which is correct? If the rear of the train is adjacent to an obstructed station and the front of the train is adjacent to a unobstructed station, may passengers change trains at the front (unobstructed) end? Or, may the change trains at the rear (obstructed) end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the example, the passengers may change trains in Tilburg. But that's the only thing you can do with that train (until the obstruction is solved). I agree that the rules are a bit unclear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.