Subject: Is there a Board Game Video Channel on Roku? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patar Absurdus the Shananigator
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
"what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.
badge
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
mbmbmbmbmb
I would use YouTube but the Roku doesn't have a YouTube channel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Speckhart
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Goodbye Mr. Burton
mbmbmbmbmb
They do now!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slightly Alive
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only success I've had, beyond YouTube, is a Twitch.TV Private Channel, but you need to know who is streaming what through Twitch in order to know to search for them. It was working well during FFG's World Championship Weekend when they were streaming all their various games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Slaven
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maXReno wrote:
They do now!!!

Really? I'm looking for it and I can't find it. Is it in the Channel Store with everything else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Grand Junction
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be. I just set up my new Roku after new years and found and added the youtube channel quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Krebbeks
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The official Youtube channel only works on the newest model of Roku. (Roku 3)

I've been using "MyVideoBuzz" channel, which is linked to my Youtube account. You will need to put your Roku into developer mode. The instructions are very simple to follow and can be found here: http://utmostsolutions.github.io/myvideobuzz/

You manage your Youtube subscriptions through your computer. This Roku channel just lets you play them. I currently subscribe to The Dice Tower, Rahdo, Drive-thru Reviews, Crits Happen, Watch It Played, and a few others that I can't remember offhand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
We've had our Roku for a few years (XDS). We use Twonky (was once a private channel IIRC but no longer) to view YouTube stuff. Works well enough though you must leave the app open on your phone while watching something. Despite some bugginess, it is really nice to see my favorite video reviews and walk-throughs on a TV.

PS. It was super easy to set up. Simply added "Twonky Beam" app to my iPhone and followed the prompts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Slaven
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought my Roku six months ago and it's already obsolete? Damn you, Roku.

As for Twonky, I've downloaded that, and you're right about it being buggy.

Oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.