United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has been updated to version 2.2.

This now includes the newly released Resistance expansion

This is a basic edition module. All previous module extensions/ saved games/ log files etc. are incompatible with 2.2

Battle pack 0 - Minor Nations is also incompatible and will not be updated

Currently available here

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Combat_Commander:_Eu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's kind of like a Windows upgrade. After the upgrade, I can't do what I can do now....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks Tim!

Been anticipating this upgrade since the same was done with the Pacific module. I know it will result in a much faster play via Vassal now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bishop
United Kingdom
Lytham St. Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
travillaintim wrote:
Has been updated to version 2.2.

Battle pack 0 - Minor Nations is also incompatible and will not be updated

Currently available here

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Combat_Commander:_Eu...

Does this mean we haven't got the nationalities from CC:Med Tim?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the extension for Med is there and updated, as are extensions for Paratroopers, Stalingrad, Normandy and Resistance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So...all GMT published material is part of this update?

Can anyone confirm that the module will run faster now? (and why?) This is exciting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim McCarron
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cornjob wrote:
So...all GMT published material is part of this update?

Can anyone confirm that the module will run faster now? (and why?) This is exciting.

not all - c3i stuff is excluded still

it runs faster because there is no rules enforcement anymore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
travillaintim wrote:
it runs faster because there is no rules enforcement anymore

Not only faster in terms of CPU cycles consumed, but I think play is faster as well. As an example - when composing a fire group, no need to highlight each contributing unit/weapon (several mouse clicks). Now done as it would be done in a face to face game. Describe verbally to your opponent, sum up FP, add in actions(*), flip the card for the die roll.

(*)Gone is my personal bugaboo of needing to have a MG highlighted in the module just to be able to play the Sustained Action to be played in Vassal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmed Hadzi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it a bit last night and there were few glitches. The counters were all double, so for example if there was one rifle squad in hex on mouse over would show 2. And this was the case for the whole map.

Secondly, I couldn't play cards for orders nor actions. I would right click and select order, and nothing would happen.

After the restart everything was fine.

Do we need to update the Vassal also? I'm running 3.1.17 right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Eagles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a bunch, Tim. Have been looking forward to this one!

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hawkins
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The extensions are throwing me...is there a particular file structure that needs to be in place? And...thanks a lot for this version...it seems to run circles performance-wise around the previous iteration. If I can figure out the extenstions, I'll be in business.

Thanks for any help!

RH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
What is specifically is throwing you?

I will assume it is "adding them in" - all you have to do is open up your Vassal Library where you see Combat Commander:Europe listed. Right click on CC:E and select Add Extension from the bottom of the list.

As for "format" should be no different than the format of the base vassal module but with a different file type attached. Directly saving the VMDX file from the Vassal website (See Tim's link in the OP) should be all you need to do.

Unless you are on a MAC, then there is a slight chance that the MacOS is "helping you out" by extracting the file. But you would have had the same issue with the base module, so do what ever you did to get that downloaded and saved on your computer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hawkins
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG...okay, that was simple. I completely forgot to add the extensisions by right-clicking them. My vassal-fu has grown weak.

Thanks, Richard, for the quick solution!

RPardoe wrote:
What is specifically is throwing you?

I will assume it is "adding them in" - all you have to do is open up your Vassal Library where you see Combat Commander:Europe listed. Right click on CC:E and select Add Extension from the bottom of the list.

As for "format" should be no different than the format of the base vassal module but with a different file type attached. Directly saving the VMDX file from the Vassal website (See Tim's link in the OP) should be all you need to do.

Unless you are on a MAC, then there is a slight chance that the MacOS is "helping you out" by extracting the file. But you would have had the same issue with the base module, so do what ever you did to get that downloaded and saved on your computer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Rzeszot
Poland
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I have problems with this new module. I have no atk value def value etc... Without it it's unplay Does anyone know what's going on? PLS help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manieek wrote:
I have problems with this new module. I have no atk value def value etc... Without it it's unplay:( Does anyone know what's going on? PLS help:)

Do you mean it isn't doing the automatic calculations for you? The new module no longer does that, it leaves it up to the players to do that, the same as if they were playing face to face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
manieek wrote:
I have problems with this new module. I have no atk value def value etc

These aren't problems - this is the new version of Vassal.

It is now very close to playing the game face-to-face. The players have to add up the attack values and the morale values instead of relying on the module to do so.

So instead of clicking on units to add their firepower (or +1) to an attack total, you now count them out loud (if playing using VoIP) or as a text line.

For example:

Rifle Squad = 5 FP, Leader bonus +2, LMG +1 = 10 FP.
Die roll (flip the card) 4,3 = 7 for a total of 17
Final Attack Total = 17

Why do you consider the module unplayable now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Rzeszot
Poland
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Richard, Cindy TY one year ago I played old ver... where was automatic calculation. It's no problem for me to count this I have paper version of this game. I only thought that when this fields don't appear I have problem with this module becouse the screens shows smth else...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.