Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was anxious to introduce this game of deal-making, negotiation and back-stabbing to our group. It did not disappoint.

Walter Nunes, Jon Comeaux, Clyde Hayman and I played this nasty Sid Sackson game where players must negotiate and compromise in order to consummate financial deals.

Each player initially represents one 'Investor', but can scoop more during the course of the game with proper card play. Each space on the board lists the potential value of that deal, as well as the investors who must be a part of the deal in order to make it fly. Usually, this gives the player landing on the space (called 'The Boss') the opportunity to select the required number of investors from the choices given, so players can make bribes, threats, etc. in order to weasel their way into the deal. Deals customarily take the form of a share of the profits to be earned from the transaction.

The game is driven by the wonderful, fast and nasty card play. Players can force other player's investors to go on vacation (thereby being unavailable to be part of the deal), steal an opponent's investor, stop certain actions, usurp control of the 'Boss' position, and much, much more. During a deal, it becomes a flurry of card activity as players cancel each other's actions, steal investors, play surrogate investors and otherwise try to screw their opponents out of the deal. It is simply delicious.

We had some wonderful card play during our game, including four successive 'Stop' cards played by Walter and an incredibly brilliant succession of cards played by Clyde which completely knocked Walt, Jon and I out of a deal (which was going to exclude Clyde) and enabled him to make the deal solely with himself, netting 20 million!

The game concluded with only one deal remaining outstanding, and the victor was in doubt till the end (money is kept stacked in the open, but cannot be counted). The final results were:

Walter 68, Jon 61, Clyde 56, Greg 42

The game is wonderfully nasty and juicy. After two plays, it has catapulted into my Top 10. I must say, however, that it does play better with 5 or 6 as opposed to four players.

Ratings: Greg 9, Clyde 8, Walter 7, Jon 6
(Jon ... you are WAY too tough on your ratings of games)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.