Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rafael Duarte
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theme: Huuu?
Gameplay: This is the simplest game I know, and I’m going to explain all the rules. You face-up a card from the deck, and in turns players chooses to put a chip on that card, or whether to accept the card and all the chips that are up there. The cards give you negative points, and each chip is worth one positive. The winner is player who can earn a higher score. (near zero or even positive) If you have cards in sequence the lowest one will count negative points.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

What I like:
- Incredibly simple and fun.
- Simple.
- Simple.
- When comes out a card that I could accept without problems but leave it there to accumulate more chips. (evil laughter)
- How fast are the player turns.

What I don’t like:
- Possibility of getting bored after 100 games ..?! And still I don’t know…

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Components: 8
Minimum components, with a very functional design but at the same time with some charm. There are so few components so it’s hard to say something bad
Complexity: 1
One of the simplest games I know, which is explained in 2 minutes.
Strategy: 4
The strategy comes down to get the cards that are likely to gain value over the game.
Tactics: 6
Every turn you see if it’s worth or not to take the pot, and decide.
Interactivity: 7
Interactivity is mainly due to the fact that sequences score fewer points, we need to see who wants that card or, if we want (cause already have an adjacent number) we try to accumulate as many opponents chips as possible before the take the card.
Luck: 5
During setup 9 cards are removed from the deck without looking at them, so it put some luck cause the card we wish to come can or cannot come out. But the players decide how much they want to push their luck and good players will win more often than bad players.
Worth the time: 10
Game that takes very little time and where we are always involved cause turns are so fast. Impossible to play just one.
Replayability: 6
Maybe this is the weakness point of this game. Although there are changes from game to game the strategies doesn’t need to change.Yet it is always fun, and if the opponents are different the game is different.
Fun: 10
Very good. The risk to accumulate chips in the card you want, take cards that other player wanted, run out of chips and have to admit it accepting a 34 with two chips on top.Ahahah.
Gamedesign: 10
Perfect. Reduced to the fundamental rules, and still have a game of this quality is not an easy task. The key of this design is to give only two options to the players - making turns extremely fast, and the fact that sequences score differently.
Overall: 9
Almost a 10, if it was not for replayability. I really admire this game, it only with cards numbered from 3 to 35 and 55 chips can entertain all kinds of people.

Should you buy it?
Do I need to answer? A little game with this quality and cheap that you can put in your pocket and take anywhere.

This review was originally posted with a bunch of photos on
https://aboutboardgames.wordpress.com/2011/12/09/no-thanks/
(visit for better layout)

My blog:
http://aboutboardgames.wordpress.com/
Geeklist with my reviews:
Geeklist
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great filler for 4 - 5 players and can be played with a Bottle Imp or 6 Nimmt/Category 5/Slide 5 deck and 55 tokens (pennies perhaps?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.