Bob Blanchett
Australia
Clifton Hill
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just checked FFG..
WW is listed as "On the Boat"

"The product is traveling from the printer to our warehouse. The duration of this process varies depending on where the printer is located, be it in the US, China, or Germany, but generally takes four to six weeks."

God knows how long it'll take to get to Oz tho
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is shaping up to be an exciting year for FFG.

I hope they don't screw it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
and now the other questions people I will be asking is I wonder how long it will take to get to Japan?
Must get me this HOT game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cam Muni
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Really looking forward to this one, but has anyone heard anything about the rules? I would love to get a look at them because I've never played the previous version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Previous version rules:
http://files.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/5mj6jelr1d/Wiz-...?

Only change I know of is that, if you play an Object, it counts against your hand count until you decide to discard it from the board.

Wiz War on a boat sounds amusing. If a board space takes 10 points of damage, the boat springs a leak and the sector begins to flood...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Rodriguez
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time I see this thread title this song gets stuck in my head

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
calfancam wrote:
Really looking forward to this one, but has anyone heard anything about the rules? I would love to get a look at them because I've never played the previous version.
FFG has not released the rules yet? i thought they did this with all of their products..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The boat has reached its port and I have just looked through my new box of magic. It looks very cool cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zalco wrote:
The boat has reached its port and I have just looked through my new box of magic. It looks very cool cool.
The game has already reached its destination? Any news on when it will be delivered to the retailers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoffer Simonsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It as of yesterday at multiple Swedish retailers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in my local game store there in Copenhagen yesterday to pick up some promos for Nightfall and the it was ... the new edition of Wiz-War (eighth edition). A lot of people had preordered the game, some up to 6 years ago, and a few of them where not interested in the game anymore, so their copies where sold in the store. I got the very last one .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cam Muni
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Any news of it hitting stateside?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rumors tell that the game will arrive in Germany at the end of January and will then be delivered to the retailers once FFG gives their 'go'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zalco wrote:
I was in my local game store there in Copenhagen yesterday to pick up some promos for Nightfall and the it was ... the new edition of Wiz-War (eighth edition). A lot of people had preordered the game, some up to 6 years ago, and a few of them where not interested in the game anymore, so their copies where sold in the store. I got the very last one :).

I got one in Faraos Cigarer today, they still had one more left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Markey
United States
Lebanon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
calfancam wrote:

Troll & Toad lists it as "Jan 19, 2012". That's been changed many times, but perhaps this time it will stick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Beck
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
The Electronic Eremite
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikepmarkey wrote:
calfancam wrote:

Troll & Toad lists it as "Jan 19, 2012". That's been changed many times, but perhaps this time it will stick

Well... now it says "January 20, 2012" and "Preorder (Delayed)." So my guess is that it won't stick this time.

Interesting, FFG updated Nexus Ops straight to "Shipping" and hasn't changed Wiz-War from "On a Boat" to "Shipping." Not that this means anything, they are notoriously unreliable indicators of release.

I'm grappling with whether or not I get Nexus Ops, but Wiz-War was a no-brainer, so I hope it is coming soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Markey
United States
Lebanon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baelthazar wrote:

Well... now it says "January 20, 2012" and "Preorder (Delayed)." So my guess is that it won't stick this time.

Interesting, FFG updated Nexus Ops straight to "Shipping" and hasn't changed Wiz-War from "On a Boat" to "Shipping." Not that this means anything, they are notoriously unreliable indicators of release.

I'm grappling with whether or not I get Nexus Ops, but Wiz-War was a no-brainer, so I hope it is coming soon!

Curses... I pre-ordered Wiz War to get to free shipping back when I thought it was coming out in time for Christmas. So this has been preventing my entire order from shipping for some time.

Lesson learned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikepmarkey wrote:

Curses... I pre-ordered Wiz War to get to free shipping back when I thought it was coming out in time for Christmas. So this has been preventing my entire order from shipping for some time.

Lesson learned.

Ditto, but instead with Rex and Gosu Kamakor. The pain of preorder free shipping delays is a disemboweling that keeps on giving...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brichs wrote:
I got one in Faraos Cigarer today, they still had one more left.

Mine was from Fantask, I don't know if they got more since last week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.