Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John blog
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the token at the ruins require us to draw monster, if we fail the defeat the monster- the rule says nothing happens - the undefeated monster stays there..

If the monster is defeated, do you get the rewards in the ruin token (usually spell and artifacts) ONLY or plus the monster victory points as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You always get Fame for defeating enemies. That's why it's printed on the tokens. The only exception is assaulting a player-owned keep when the player isn't present. Then you only get half Fame for defeating the defender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Will I also get a reputation if I defeat a 'green' monster in the ruins (the same way I get a reputation if I defeat a 'green' monster in the open land)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a bit more of a grey area, but I would say "no," since it is a special feature of "Marauding Orcs," as opposed to orcs you roused from a ruin. There are other rules that apply to Marauding Orcs (challenge from adjacent or when moving adjacent-to-adjacent) that don't apply to those found in ruins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
That's a bit more of a grey area, but I would say "no," since it is a special feature of "Marauding Orcs," as opposed to orcs you roused from a ruin. There are other rules that apply to Marauding Orcs (challenge from adjacent or when moving adjacent-to-adjacent) that don't apply to those found in ruins.

"No" is the correct answer. The green tokens on ruins are not technically "Marauding Orcs", they are "Sit in a Ruins and wait to be killed Orcs"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Babaitsev
Russia
Moscow (Postal Code 115597)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel that the rule of getting no reputation in ruins (for defeating orcs and draconum) should be writen more clearly in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imploded wrote:
I feel that the rule of getting no reputation in ruins (for defeating orcs and draconum) should be writen more clearly in the rulebook.

Maybe it would be clearer this way, but the rules are already like 40 pages. The rule for gaining reputation is clearly printed on the Marauding Orc/Draconum cards and not anywhere else. Since the cards are organized by site type rather than monster type, we should assume the rules apply to the sites, not to the monsters themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Imploded wrote:

I'll try and squeeze it in there, but it does get asked a few times, so maybe one for the FAQ if we cant get it in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.