Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Carroll
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can House Greyjoy elect not to receive support from it's own troops adjacent to a battle to enable that player to utilize Asha Greyjoy's text ability when selected as the house card for battle?

Asha's text ability is:

If you are not being supported in this combat, this card gains two sword icons and one fortification icon.

The player in question was under attack and played Asha for the bonus icons but had a supporting boat in the sea zone adjacent to the battle.

The table said NO your own troops with support orders adjacent have to support your own troops.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seli L
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
It's as simple as studying the relevant part of the rulebook (page 17, at the bottom):

If the attacking or defending player has friendly Support Orders
in adjacent areas, he may support himself in the combat (and
usually will do so).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To answer your question: support isn't mandatory.

But keep in mind that support is decided before playing the cards. So if you elected *not* to support, your opponent will know that (and play cards accordingly).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jesseca wrote:

The table said NO your own troops with support orders adjacent have to support your own troops.

Any thoughts?

Clearly these people need to read the books if only things were that linear in the game of thrones
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Carroll
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate the responses. We were late in the game and did not want to dig the the rule book for the answer at the time. There was no impact on the game from this either way but we wanted to know for future reference.
I guess I was to lazy to reread the rules and thought that I would post the question here.
Thanks again, enjoy your all your future games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.