Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: When is the release date for the upcoming second print run? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hello, what is your name?
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Greetings Humans.
As I'm sure most of you are aware, Mage Knight has sold out and is getting a second print run shortly. Does anyone have any official news (or even speculation) on when this print run is going to finally be released?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Hartattack916 wrote:
Greetings Humans.
As I'm sure most of you are aware, Mage Knight has sold out and is getting a second print run shortly. Does anyone have any official news (or even speculation) on when this print run is going to finally be released?

Thanks in advance.

Nobody does as yet. I can tell you it is being worked on, but the official word will come from WizKids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do you know if Wizkids already found a publisher for the german edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Kinsella
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there, thanks for your interest!

In regards to the 2nd print run - as you can imagine producing plastic painted figures takes awhile plus shipping and distribution - it's more than a few months before the 2nd print run will be available.

Once we know more on precise delivery dates (which may be awhile) and once most languages are finalized we'll send out announcements to retailers and/or via our website - as we're not able to maintain a consistent presence on BGG.

- Bryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
juan c marquez
Mexico
ZAPOPAN
JALISCO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Will a spanish version be printed? (really hope so!!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats great news Bryan. Have you guys thought about expansions yet?

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Pauly
Germany
Goettingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am a glad i could grab a copy of the first edition and i am happy when more geeks can get their hands on the game with the 2. Edition.

Anyway, since the first edition has some already "errated" cards, i would love to have a chance to "upgrade" these. I would even pay for the corrected cards. Maybe you could add them to the upcomming printrun for us early supporters/adopters, that would keep them at a low cost! Thank you in advance

Marcel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
squidy wrote:
Anyway, since the first edition has some already "errated" cards, i would love to have a chance to "upgrade" these. I would even pay for the corrected cards. Maybe you could add them to the upcomming printrun for us early supporters/adopters, that would keep them at a low cost! Thank you in advance

I'm pretty sure that is the plan, but I can't guarantee it until WK announce it, and that wont be for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reaper Steve
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, I picked up 2 copies of MK this morning (one is for a friend) from Miniature market for $55 each. They still show 6 copies available as of 1:45 PST. Edit: 3 hours later and those 6 copies are gone!

(But I do wonder if I should have waited until the 2nd printing... is their a list of the errata mentioned above?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Reaper Steve wrote:
FWIW, I picked up 2 copies of MK this morning (one is for a friend) from Miniature market for $55 each. They still show 6 copies available as of 1:45 PST. Here it is in their store

(But I do wonder if I should have waited until the 2nd printing... is their a list of the errata mentioned above?)

It's printed in the back of the rulebook. 3 cards are definitely wrong.
There are also a couple of other cards which could have been worded better. The Planning tactic card, as well as the keep and city reference cards refer to drawing extra cards at the end of your turn. What they really mean is they increase the Hand limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Thomas
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Reaper Steve wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it. The errata is pretty minor and it sounds like they are likely going to make replacements available anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Engel

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reaper Steve wrote:
FWIW, I picked up 2 copies of MK this morning (one is for a friend) from Miniature market for $55 each. They still show 6 copies available as of 1:45 PST. Edit: 3 hours later and those 6 copies are gone!

Saw the number dwindling there all day and finally decided to snap it up... Got my order in at 4:29 PST (hadn't seen this post)... taking a bit of a risk with the game since I haven't really played anything like it before and my wife can have a short attention span for games (which it looks like could be a problem with this), but it looked interesting to me and it can at least be played single player. =) I figure the worst case scenario is I play it, hate it, and sell it to someone else who may be waiting anxiously for the reprint. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.