Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

Does anyone agree on this?

The stocks are on flimsy paper and the colors are VERY hard to tell apart (brown looks like black and yellow looks like orange)

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The quality of most of this year's games has taken a nose dive.. shake

I no longer buy new games unless i personally check their components first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I agree. I did think the stocks were flimsy and the brown on the stock cert is pretty close in color to the black cert.

Other than those issues, I thought the components were fine; though I prefer cubes to those little trains, personally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MidLifeDelta wrote:
Yes, I agree. I did think the stocks were flimsy and the brown on the stock cert is pretty close in color to the black cert.

Other than those issues, I thought the components were fine; though I prefer cubes to those little trains, personally.

And it has been mentioned before but I wish they would have put the powers on the board somewhere

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved the stocks. "Poor" is a bit exaggerating. I would say everything is well done, only the stocks could have been a bit sturdier and better colored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Pablo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't have a copy of German Railways, but if the stocks are like those supplied with Chicago Express then they will immediately be sleeved (actually, I sleeve almost everything).

I still don't care for 'shares', and bad lighting or sloppy play areas only make it worse. If you can find wooden cubes (slightly large) to replace the paper and then use the edge of the board for players to attach those that they've acquired, that would be the best for quickly scanning all changing situations. No rat's nest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I laminated the stocks. Worked really well in fact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jschlickbernd wrote:
That's a good idea. I might try that as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
Has it got the Queen "Made in Germany" on the back of the box? Some recent releases have "Made in Europe" instead...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jschlickbernd wrote:

What is the easiest way to do this?

Go somewhere and ask them to do it?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own a laminator. But yeah you could check with Staples or FedEx Office or a place like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Keates
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
Has it got the Queen "Made in Germany" on the back of the box? Some recent releases have "Made in Europe" instead...

Mine says "Green Game Made in Germany" or something like that.

And yeah, the stocks in my copy are A) thin and B) feel "inky" - like too much ink was used to print them.

I can't remember if Chicago Express stocks were like this, but German Railways is the first game where I've felt the need to sleeve the stock certificates

Rest of the game is typical Queen quality, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the stocks certificates are too thin, delicate, and "inky". I strongly would have preferred either cardboard tiles or flat rectangles of wood about an inch wide.

On the upside, the money is excellent. I wish I could get a few more counter sheets so I can keep that money in Chicago Express. I haven't played the game yet - how much money is needed in actual play?

And finally, the bag. Completely strange. Did anyone else get a canvas bag with Indian designs on it? Seriously, it has Hindi writing and a drawing of Ganesha. Did they mix this up with an upcoming Indian railways game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TwentySides wrote:
I agree that the stocks certificates are too thin, delicate, and "inky". I strongly would have preferred either cardboard tiles or flat rectangles of wood about an inch wide.

On the upside, the money is excellent. I wish I could get a few more counter sheets so I can keep that money in Chicago Express. I haven't played the game yet - how much money is needed in actual play?

And finally, the bag. Completely strange. Did anyone else get a canvas bag with Indian designs on it? Seriously, it has Hindi writing and a drawing of Ganesha. Did they mix this up with an upcoming Indian railways game?

I'm more pleased with a bag that has print on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Queen Games does have strong connections to India (thanks to the founder and owner Rajive Gupta) and the canvas bags are probably made in India.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoadHouse wrote:
TwentySides wrote:

I'm more pleased with a bag that has print on it.

I'm not complaining. It's a lovely bag. I just think it's strange that by a game about Germany published by a German company has an Indian draw bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally seen the game and wow those brown/black and orange/yellow issues are certainly there. I mixed them up in boxing and checking the bits. Immediately sleeved and marked with the company initials.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.