Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.eurotopics.net/en/home/presseschau/archiv/article...

It truly amazes me that even today people like this manage to rise to such prominent positions. I know i am an atheist and a stubborn one at that, but i dont think you need to oppose the church to oppose this guy. Does anyone know if there are other reports of this? someone linked to the eurotopics page but i cannot find any other info on it at all. I know the guy objects strongly to abortion etc

i really hope this isn't true...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read it in Spanish. The quotes are quite damning. Some are a bit lighter: as if he was just saying that, if the woman goes through with an abortions, it means that men don't have to worry about pregnancy, since the woman will be the heartless murderer. But then he goes over the top.

He also said that the Genocide is a lesser evil than the Spanish abortion law that is still far tamer than that in the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
I've read it in Spanish. The quotes are quite damning. Some are a bit lighter: as if he was just saying that, if the woman goes through with an abortions, it means that men don't have to worry about pregnancy, since the woman will be the heartless murderer. But then he goes over the top.

He also said that the Genocide is a lesser evil than the Spanish abortion law that is still far tamer than that in the US.

what i fear though is that it has been written by someone who hates the church and is trying to cause an uproar.. i cannot find anything else on it from any different source...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
femgoth wrote:
what i fear though is that it has been written by someone who hates the church and is trying to cause an uproar.. i cannot find anything else on it from any different source...

That link goes to a portuguese newspaper, which links to a pdf of a sermon, back in Christmas 2009:
http://diocesisgranada.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/homiliaca...

Looks legit (http://diocesisgranada.wordpress.com/), but who knows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.