Subject: Any opinions on the scenario generator? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MR I P WILLIAMS
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mb
Can anyone give my their opinions on the automatic screnario-creating aspect of Earth Reborn? We are considering buying it, but we would only be playing 4-player, so beyond playing the online 4-player tutorial scenarios, we would be relying on the scenario-generator for replay value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lear
United Kingdom
Lewes
Sussex
flag msg tools
With skill his story will unfold
mbmbmb
If you mean SAGS, I think it's great. I've played several 2-player and one 3-player SAGS sessions. The scenario creation isn't automatic - building the map is the first part of the game itself.

I think it would work well 4-player, either by splitting the characters into two teams or by operating 4 non-aligned factions. The ability to choose characters from either faction in the >2-player version of the game is interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Nicewander
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SAG's *IS* Earth Reborn.

The scenarios are primarily about teaching the rules, but are great fun themselves.

I Have no experience with 3-4 player SAG's, but I would think it works just as great as with 2 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MR I P WILLIAMS
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah there is a section in the rulebook for 3/4 player SAGS, and it looks pretty good. And I like the way you have action points that you can spend, like in many computer games (I grew up playing games like Rebelstar and Laser Squad).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MR I P WILLIAMS
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mb
Are there really 91 board game sections in the game?? I was worried that the maps might look a bit similar each time, but 91 pieces would suggest otherwise...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim McCormley
United States
SD
California
flag msg tools
OUCH!
mbmbmbmbmb
ianpwilliams wrote:
Are there really 91 board game sections in the game?? I was worried that the maps might look a bit similar each time, but 91 pieces would suggest otherwise...

The maps might have a similar feel to them, it's all basically rectangular, but there is a TON of variation in the layout and number of options that each room tile creates: laboratories, infirmaries, meeting rooms, armories, communication rooms, torture room, etc. Most of the rooms contain facilities that the characters can actually interact with. E.g. A character can create "zombie serum" in the laboratory.

Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lear
United Kingdom
Lewes
Sussex
flag msg tools
With skill his story will unfold
mbmbmb
The characters are what's similar every time, not really the map - though some large map tiles tend to get played every time, albeit in very different configurations.

If you play 2-player, you get used to how the characters work together. Playing 4-player would give you fewer characters each, but more variety in terms of teaming them up. I say, if you have the time for it, and a table big enough, go for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MR I P WILLIAMS
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah I want to go for this one. I had a look through the rulebook and it looks like fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.