Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Key
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just finished a short campaign which followed a 4 day test game. (I lost badly by the way in both).
I'm sure I'm missing something but the Flight Path diagram seems to show the Raid counter as facing the SPINE (the corners) of the hex but to get the Head On attack you must cross the Face (flat side) of the counter (right?). What am I doing wrong? I must be missing something obvious , but what?
Thanks for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you roll the die to determine the flight path of the raid counter and move it according to the corresponding pattern, the raid counter will also face one of the hex sides. I do not have the map in front of me so can't say exactly what you might be seeing in the flight path diagram pointing to the corners of the hex. But, the raid counter should always be facing a side. I hope that makes it a little clearer.

Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Key
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's that plane graphic in the start hex on the movement diagram that's confusing me. I think I've got it now; thanks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Cutcliffe
United Kingdom
Paignton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It can be confusing but here's how it works. When you first place the Raid counter in one of the six starting hexes, it has to face in the direction of the arrow in that hex. This is so that any RAF attacks that come in *before the Raid has moved* have a direction that they can use for head-on attacks.

Then, when you move the raid, you face the counter so that it is facing the way it was when it entered the hex, as usual. The reason why the movement diagram shows the Raid facing the corner of the hex, is that the counter could be facing either hexside before it starts its move, so they show it facing the corner to avoid *that* confusion, unfortunately creating another confusion in the process!

If it helps you any, I always turn the Raid counter to the hex corner as in the diagram, so as to help me when I move the counter after the direction die-roll. It helps because the counter is then looking exactly as in the movement diagram. Once the RAF have moved, it makes no difference anyway what the facing is, because it's only relevant at the moment of interception. It's also even more helpful when the raid is returning across the board to France, because then the movement diagram is upside-down
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.