Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
A few times a year I'll get a hankerin' for some Schlotzsky's (which then reminds me that the idea of some Schlotzsky's is slightly better than the reality, but whatever). Anyway, Schlotzsky's is known for their chips, which are uniformly good or better. They now have Louisiana Hot Sauce chips.

Like many geeks, I like snacks and I like hot food. While Louisiana Hot Sauce isn't my favorite hot sauce on the planet, it's very respectable, and has the advantage of being widely available, putting it firmly in the category of Tabasco, Texas Pete, and Frank's (and it's the usual favorite from that list, but very dependent on what it's being used on/for). Most "hot" chips just aren't. In general, I find that most chips are not flavored enough, regardless of what that flavor is or is supposed to be.

Thus I was surprised by these chips. They are very strongly flavored, and perhaps more surprising is that they taste exactly like the hot sauce. I bet if I was handed one of these chips blind, without being told the flavor, I'd nail it as Louisiana Hot Sauce.

Now here's the funny part: With the first few chips I was marvelling at how they had nailed it, but then I came to the conclusion that I don't necessarily want a chip to taste like Louisiana Hot Sauce. Irony abounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need these...

Or

But I gotta warn ya, the Cheetos make for a very uncomfortable next day. surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope...

You need this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
Want! Blair makes some great tasting hot sauces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:

But I gotta warn ya, the Cheetos make for a very uncomfortable next day. surprise

Also, there are certain food dyes that your intestines will not absorb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.