Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Ferrari
United States
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know of any organizations that are collecting games to send to troops overseas? I am clearing some space from my shelves of new/almost new games that I don't have time to get to, and would like to donate them if possible.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Argh, my stupid satellite internet ate my response. I don't know of any organization that is specifically collecting games, but depending on the size they can easily be included in any care package. I recently saw a copy of Battleship.

You could also talk to:
Pat Johnston
United States
North Liberty
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

He was very generous and helpful in getting a few copies of Nexus Ops to me in Afghanistan. He had plans to do something more, so maybe this will help him out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Davis
South Korea
flag msg tools
One option is to donate them to the Army's Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) program. I asked the Camp Arifjan MWR manager this morning, and she explained that she is authorized to accept donations to MWR and put them into circulation throughout the theater of operations. You can send them to her at:

Tammy Holmes
Business Operations Manager
Area Support Group - Kuwait
Directorate of Installation Support
APO AE 09366

You can also get some more information at http://giftstoarmy.army.mil/SoldiersFamilies.aspx.

Thank you for your generosity.

[edited to add contact information]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Ferrari
United States
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info.

A friend of mine put me in contact with an Army Officer in Tampa, and he is going to get the games to our troops overseas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kwsrv wrote:
Thanks for the info.

A friend of mine put me in contact with an Army Officer in Tampa, and he is going to get the games to our troops overseas.

nice work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.