Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Bove
United States
East Lansdowne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently finished two 3-player games on BGO in which the winning scores were incredibly low. In the second game, the final scores were 92-83-79. I don't think anyone in this game played particularly badly, and the fact that both Mechanized Agriculture and Oil cards came out fairly late in Age III probably contributed to our lack of cultural brilliance, but still I'd never previously seen winning scores like these. Here's the link for anyone who wants to study the game:

http://www.boardgaming-online.com/index.php?cnt=202&pl=68810...

Anyway, these games made me wonder. What is your lowest winning score in TtA?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
montu wrote:
I've recently finished two 3-player games on BGO in which the winning scores were incredibly low. In the second game, the final scores were 92-83-79. I don't think anyone in this game played particularly badly, and the fact that both Mechanized Agriculture and Oil cards came out fairly late in Age III probably contributed to our lack of cultural brilliance, but still I'd never previously seen winning scores like these. Here's the link for anyone who wants to study the game:

http://www.boardgaming-online.com/index.php?cnt=202&pl=68810...

My lowest winning score was 113 (113-102-55). At the end of that game, we were all scratching our heads saying, "did we skip Age II? What the hell happened in this game?". I have also come in second place in games that were 97-91-83 and 103-91-48. My score was 91 both times. I think in general that games that are very concentrated on military can lead to lower scores, but there are other factors at play as far as card order that I don't entirely understand.

On the other end of the spectrum, I came in 3rd place in one game with a score of 257. And there was a decent amount of military in that game as well (the scores were 295-284-257-150, and strength was 31-21-37-0).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
In games I've played in:

2-player: 118–110 (winner me)
3-player: 107–87–85 (winner thedacker)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Junkie
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mb
3-player: 78 - 67 - 54

The win I am most proud of...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Conradie
Canada
Rossland
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played f2f, and in 50 games our lowest scores have been:
2p: 100 - 86
3p: 102 - 97 - 94

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
mb
How does one find one's old games on BGO? For me, it only goes back a little way. I'd like to be able to find all the games I've played.

Also, can one look all the way back through the journal to the beginning of a game? For me, it only shows the last few turns, and sometimes I'd like to be able to look back all the way through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Junkie
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
How does one find one's old games on BGO? For me, it only goes back a little way. I'd like to be able to find all the games I've played.

Games > Finished games, then type your nickname in the Find Game search box. That is at least what I do.

HuginnGreiling wrote:
Also, can one look all the way back through the journal to the beginning of a game? For me, it only shows the last few turns, and sometimes I'd like to be able to look back all the way through.

I don't think all the moves are recorded, but if you click on Play > View Game Journal, you can look for the following options:
All events
Impacts
Colony bids
Leaders played
Aggressions
Wars
Pacts
Bonus cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew E
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
How high the scores go depends mostly on how military-heavy the game is, and how many impact events get seeded. I broke 400 on a game with something like 10 of the 13 impacts, and I've seen sub-100 games with only 1 or 2.

The entire journal can be displayed by selecting view game journal and then paging through it, but that's not really helpful, since it only tells you what you did, and not what you didn't do. You might see that you selected knights for 2 CAs on turn 4. You can't see what you gave up to do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
In life you have to do a lot of things you don't f*cking want to do. Many times, that's what the f*ck life is... one vile f*cking task after another.
mb
montu wrote:

I'll let you know when I actually win a game... cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Why
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played close to 50 games - mostly 2 player - and the lowest winning score was 108 (to 98). Our highest winning score was 256 (to 210).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Chunko
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
The lowest scoring game I've played recently was a 2er where we tied 70 to 70. Neither of us drew impacts we wanted to sow.
http://www.boardgaming-online.com/index.php?cnt=202&pl=46147
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lara
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Canales wrote:
3-player: 78 - 67 - 54

The win I am most proud of...

You stole my answer!!
And stop mentioning that play where I lost!!! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bove
United States
East Lansdowne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, Jeff, you scored 41 in the final turn but only 39 in the first 19 turns!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Chunko
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Those first 19 were just the warmup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S
Australia
flag msg tools
I lost a 2p BGO league game that finished 53-40 (Game 61379). There was a combined 22pts scored from impacts and a combined finishing culture output of 3/turn (2 of which came from Gandhi's leadership). A fine game of Through the (Dark) Ages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chance Folmar II
United States
broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowest score in 3 player I've seen was 99. We figured out what happened was we all entered Age III with no cards in our hands and at with 7 actions each. Age III and IV lasted about 3 turns. Also, we all concentrated on Military early and not on culture generation, so going into Age II we had scores of 3,4 and 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Walsh
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
badge
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished a 2p game on BGO. Game 125594. I lost 99-80. After losing a holy war, we played incremental military strength leapfrog for like the last 6 rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
mb
108–67

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
mb
That was me against Shane, this afternoon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
mb
Just won 75–68. modest

Heavy military all game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've won with scores in the 60's and lost with scores in the high 300's.

Absolute scores don't actually mean much in this game, only relative ones, and they vary greatly depending on what type of game is being played, and how you need to react to each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pacemaker 67
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3p 71-46-40

Yikes. I'll have to go review that game. Even worse, looking at it, I did not place in the top 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.