Dominant Species» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wanderlust and tiles stacks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luca Tolomelli
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When 1 stack of tiles is depleted, the number of Eyeball spaces on the Wanderlust actions became 2?
When 2 stacks of tiles are depleted, the number of Eyeball spaces on the Wanderlust actions became 1?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought you could only remove one tile from each stack per turn. So depleting the stacks is a non-issue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Tolomelli
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rule book:
"If any of the three tile stacks becomes depleted, the number of possible Wanderlust actions will be reduced accordingly."
This means that with one depleted the number of Eyeballs for this acrion became two?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Riley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theoretically, it could be an issue of not all the Dominance Cards are taken each turn and so the game goes long enough for Wanderlust stacks to be depleted. I've never seen it happen.

I wouldn't bother removing eyeballs--they just become useless, like placing an Action Pawn! on Depletion on the first 2 turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
xenongames wrote:
I wouldn't bother removing eyeballs--they just become useless, like placing an Action Pawn! on Depletion on the first 2 turns.

This is correct.

If one of the stacks becomes depleted, putting an AP on the third eyeball space is entirely legal, if also foolish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad Jensen wrote:
entirely legal, if also foolish.

My playing style in a nutshell. . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Tolomelli
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because you can only take a face up tile, and tiles are turned face up only on the reset...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
LukeZ wrote:
Because you can only take a face up tile, and tiles are turned face up only on the reset...

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Tolomelli
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thank you! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevyn Hey
United States
Alfred
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xenongames wrote:
Theoretically, it could be an issue of not all the Dominance Cards are taken each turn and so the game goes long enough for Wanderlust stacks to be depleted. I've never seen it happen.

My gaming group played this for the first time last night (6 players) and we actually ran out of 2 stacks, with both of them being depleted during the final turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.