Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Patrick
United States
Northport
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you own no other party games (and want one), and if you can find this game for crazy cheap, then you can buy it.

I found a shelf full of brand new unopened Partini boxes a Dirt Cheap store, and bought it for a ridiculously discounted price -- which I can't recall.

The rules are super easy, and you can start playing immediately. You can find more thorough descriptions of the games elsewhere, but I'll sum up our impressions of each:

Hum Punch -- We knew hardly any of the songs. We ended up removing these from the game.

Bouncers -- The cups and balls games had promise, but we found them to be anti-climactic. Some of the games were better than others.

Mime Twist -- This was the best game, but allow me to explain a major flaw (how can you go wrong with charades?): Every card contains multiple words or phrases for you to silently act out. Each card gives you a category to tell your your team mates as a clue, but the clues are completely unhelpful, to the point of adding MORE confusion.

Clay Smoothie -- Fun to mold, but most of the answers were too difficult. Also, same problem with the clues as in Mime Twist (see above).

What Not -- We found it almost impossible to do this under the very short time limit, but maybe your group will fare better.

Straight Up -- This might have made a neat social game all on its own. Works best if you all know each other equally well.

Questionables -- (Note: This was a "bonus" game included with our version. It might not be in all versions.) This is an improv game. You are given a "scene" and you go around the table and talk in questions only. The first player to break the rules loses the game for their team. (This is similar to the question game in one of my favorite shows "Whose Line Is It Anyway"!) We had fun with this game, and I was surprised how well people performed.

The quality of the box and components was very sharp, which is why I had great hopes for the game. With better clues and choices for Mime Twist, Clay Smoothie, and Hum Punch, this would be an excellent game.

As it is, we will probably not replay it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.