Daryl Tose
United Kingdom
Winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have just published my first quest. It can be downloaded from my web site www.blackmoor.org.uk/gaming.html. Please give it a go and let me know what you think.

The 7 new cards fit on a single (double sided) sheet of A4. None of the cards are shuffled into the deck so you don't need to print them out if you don't want to. All you need is the core set to play this quest.

The difficulty level is about 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Tose
United Kingdom
Winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the thumbs up. I only have the core set at the moment and in play testing the quest can be very hard but I suspect with cards from the expansion sets player's decks get significantly better.
If anyone has played the quest with such a deck, could you let me know how it went please? I'd like to get some feedback before starting the design work for my next quest.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the thematic part of the quest, but there seems to be one situation when there may become "infinite" loop.

The High priest goes back to the staging area every time there is a minion in the discard pile, and allmost every time there are several minions in the discard pile (via use of discarded shadow cards of by killing those mobs) So we were 8 rounds in Stage 4 with 2 wounds in High priest, becauase we did draw only one gandalf, that caused 4 damage and after that the priest healed 2 wounds by using soul stone until we run out of time. I am not sure if this is a problem, but it seems to be so that you have to have very good draws if you wan to kill the priest. You need 2 sneak attack and an gandalf in hand to kill that Priest 3*4 damage - 1 (for waiting one round to play gandalf third time) or very buffet staging area hitter (there are not so many that can do that)
But as I said I liked the scenario, but it can prove to be difficultu 8 or impossible if you don't are very lucky with card draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Stoertebeker
msg tools
Have you noted, that the defeated "Zombie" Cards do not go to the discard pile but to the bottom of the encounter deck? That way the discard pile monsters should get removed until the high priest is finally alone and has to stay engaged. We have played this scenario two times now and in both cases reached stage 4 at the point when we had just gone through the encounter pile once, so the discard pile was at a minimum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Tose
United Kingdom
Winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Using 2 Gandalfs is a valid tactic, but as you say, requires a good hand, however you can defeat him using "normal" combat when the discard pile has run out of dead enemies to reanimate. Its all about the timing .... that was a key part of the quest design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.