Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
When setting up concealment, right click on a unit and select mask. This hide the unit from the enemy and makes it look like a decoy marker. Then play a concealment marker on top (Germans)

Zoom all the way out to set up off board at the bottom of scenario one

Use 2 decoy icons to simulate 2 stacked units other wise your opponent can see you have a decoy set up (for example, scenario 1 should have 6 german units on the board, 2 of which are 2 decoy markers stacked together to look like a unit to the enemy)

Also the right side edge is just a little cut off. Hover over a unit to see whats underneath. the marker if you cant see it well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was educated by others on another thread that you dont need to use conceal counters at all when using vassal ... for decoys just play them straight from the scenario sheet, for concealed units select the mask option then put them on the board ... either way, to the other user both look like a single conceal/decoy counter and you get the benefit that on your view of readily seeing which hexes have the real unit because you dont need to mouse over to see what is under the stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
joshaubry wrote:
I was educated by others on another thread that you dont need to use conceal counters at all when using vassal ... for decoys just play them straight from the scenario sheet, for concealed units select the mask option then put them on the board ... either way, to the other user both look like a single conceal/decoy counter and you get the benefit that on your view of readily seeing which hexes have the real unit because you dont need to mouse over to see what is under the stack.

Whats ironic about that is the guy I played last night hadnt used vassal in a long time, and I proclaimed to be very good at vassal... then I started fiddling around and he could see all my units ... :)

Thanks for the tip!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.