Henrik Skärnell
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
badge
Tux Cthulhu
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, as the subject says. Does Killer Instincts affect Weapon Immunity and make it "Weapon Resistance"? Probably not, as it is not specified on the ability for an investigator for a monster from the same expansion but I like a clarification. Anybody know this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
MunkOil wrote:
Hi, as the subject says. Does Killer Instincts affect Weapon Immunity and make it "Weapon Resistance"? Probably not, as it is not specified on the ability for an investigator for a monster from the same expansion but I like a clarification. Anybody know this?

No. Not only is it not mentioned, but technically "weapon resistance" doesn't exist to my knowledge. All we have seen is this instance of "weapon immunity."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Skärnell
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
badge
Tux Cthulhu
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
MunkOil wrote:

No. Not only is it not mentioned, but technically "weapon resistance" doesn't exist to my knowledge. All we have seen is this instance of "weapon immunity."

Thank you Brian! Very quick as always! I made up "Weapon Resistance" so of course it doesn't exist .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Fun fact. Whenever someone plays Zoey Samaras and learns they need to fight a random monster, if they state "I don't care what monster it is with my setup I can take it on" they will draw a Lloigor... and usually change their tune very quickly.

At least that's what always happens to us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you fill in the blanks, "weapon resistance" should exist in theory. It's not like we wouldn't know how it worked.

But Brian does have it right: Zoey doesn't mention it, so it's not part of her ability. This is similar to how Ashcan Pete can't look at or take items from the bottom of the Exhibit Item deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JGT
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
allstar64 wrote:
Fun fact. Whenever someone plays Zoey Samaras and learns they need to fight a random monster, if they state "I don't care what monster it is with my setup I can take it on" they will draw a Lloigor... and usually change their tune very quickly.

At least that's what always happens to us.

Heh. One of my players was playing Sister Mary with a starting Summon Monster Spell. Intent: forfeit the Horror Check (since Mary has gobs of Sanity), max out Fight with a traded weapon and Endurance Skill, stock up trophies for Blessings (and Story Pass).

On Turn 1, he successfully cast and summoned.........a Shan.

Never seen the wind sucked out of someone's sails so fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Kitching
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:
If you fill in the blanks, "weapon resistance" should exist in theory. It's not like we wouldn't know how it worked.

But Brian does have it right: Zoey doesn't mention it, so it's not part of her ability. This is similar to how Ashcan Pete can't look at or take items from the bottom of the Exhibit Item deck.

Zoey is from Kingsport, weapon immunity is from Innsmouth, so Zoey's card isn't likely to mention it. Unfortunately, Innsmouth doesn't clarify things but I'd allow the bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, Zoey is from Innsmouth as well. The fact that she doesn't mention Weapon Immunity was probably deliberate. Lloigors are unaffected by physical attacks, and Zoey can't circumvent that no matter how angry she gets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.