GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,268 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

7 Wonders» Forums » General

Subject: Timing question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

How does one deal with the timing issues that arise in the game?

If you are buying a resource from neighbor, can they use that money right away?

Also, there are times that I have a choice to buy a resource from either neighbor, what is the proper way to decide? If I see a neighbor just put down a big military card, it might change my mind, and so forth, etc

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I'm FREEeeee..ee..e..e...
mbmbmbmbmb
No they can't use that money right away.

You can buy from whichever neighbor you like - I will usually try to pay the person who needs the money the least
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamas Csepregi
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing the cards happens simultaneously. You can not use a resource from your neighbor played the same turn. Similarly you can not spend money the turn you get it from your neighbor.

Deciding from which neighbor your gonna buy is part of the strategy. Depends on the given situation. I usually do not give money to a player who is low on coins (or not have any at all), which is a way to hold him back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
In theory, everyone is paying for and putting their cards into play at the same time. So everyone should know who they are paying and how much, before anyone else reveals the cards that they play and who they are paying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Watkins
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this is exactly why it's better to slow the pace down if folks are getting too jumpy.

Or just acknowledge that this game is hugely based on the honor system. Many a times you feel that dirty temptation in round 3 to behave shady.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.