BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Where to buy games online? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tysoch Tysoch
Canada
flag msg tools
Hello everyone,
I am from Canada and am finding it very expensive to purchase new games from local stores. I was wondering if anyone knows of some reliable sites where I can get these great games for cheaper than normal.

Thank you.
-Tysoch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patar Absurdus the Shananigator
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
"what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.
badge
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
mbmbmbmbmb
When buying one at a time I have had good experiences with Amazon.com and for bulk buys Boards and Bits has treated me well.

Math Trading here is supposed to be good but I haven't tried it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the Vancouver area and I tend to order from Starlit Citadel (http://www.starlitcitadel.com/games/) and pick the games up in person to eliminate shipping costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tsui
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Depends what province you live in. Starlit Citadel is great if you are in the greater Vancouver area (local pick up can save you shipping cost), or free shipping over $175.

I've also ordered from German Boardgame Company www.germangames.com and Meeple Mart www.meeplemart.com a few times. Both have great selections and low flat-rated shipping. There are other stores with cheap shipping if you live in the east coast.

Check out this list for the full listing:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/39039/canadian-board-g...

Also a handy-dandy website to see where the games are cheapest is:
www.boardgameprices.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sairanac wrote:
Depends what province you live in. Starlit Citadel is great if you are in the greater Vancouver area (local pick up can save you shipping cost), or free shipping over $175.

I've also ordered from German Boardgame Company www.germangames.com and Meeple Mart www.meeplemart.com a few times. Both have great selections and low flat-rated shipping. There are other stores with cheap shipping if you live in the east coast.

Check out this list for the full listing:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/39039/canadian-board-g...

Also a handy-dandy website to see where the games are cheapest is:
www.boardgameprices.com

+1

I ordered something from germangames recently, they sent me the tracking number yesterday and look forward to my new games meeple

I have also paid a visit to meeple mart (since it is not too far away where I work), and it's a nice warehouse full of games (and people when I went). The prices are quite low as well, which is a terrible incentive to buy games when you're trying not to buy too many.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Discusing Retailers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hoy
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second Meeple Mart as my favorite location to buy from in Canada. Great prices, selection, and service. It offers flat shipping so if you are spending more than 100$ the price isn't too bad. German games is also decent but doesn't allow for local pick ups and their site isn't as nice as meeples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tysoch wrote:
I am from Canada and am finding it very expensive to purchase new games from local stores. I was wondering if anyone knows of some reliable sites where I can get these great games for cheaper than normal.

In addition to the above suggestions, there's a great GeekList where folks have rated various OLGSes (Canadian ones included). You'll also find links to feedback threads.

Redward wrote:
Math Trading here is supposed to be good but I haven't tried it.

On that note, a Canadian math trade recently started up. Here are the links:
Clearing Christmas Crap Canadian Math Trade
Clearing Christmas Crap Canadian Math Trade - Discussion Thread
Clearing Christmas Crap Canadian Math Trade - Request List

Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my first order from Boards and Bits and they were fantastic. Great prices, super fast shipping, and the items arrived in perfect condition. I have also had several successful orders from CoolStuffInc.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Spontelli
United States
MANSFIELD
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
http://www.meetup.com/dfwgames/
badge
Okay, let's start the meeting. My name is Ken, and I'm a Tichu addict.
mbmbmbmbmb
Omahavice wrote:
I just got my first order from Boards and Bits and they were fantastic. Great prices, super fast shipping, and the items arrived in perfect condition. I have also had several successful orders from CoolStuffInc.com

I'll second both of those retailers. I had good experiences with both of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Fridy
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Online I've had very good luck with 2 companies.

Thoughthammer.com has good prices, and you can often find good deals in the ding and dent section (their idea of ding and dent is what happens when I take my games to the club for a few weeks.)

Bunkerhillgames is good if you are looking for wargames, but that's his focus.

Otherwise, trading and buying through the Geek is a good method.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[POLL] The Good, the Bad, and the OLGS: Rate the Online Game Stores
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:

Already posted above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
B Factor wrote:

Oh, I didn't recognize it since it didn't have the title. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Clark
United States
Williamsport
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'll add a positive vote for Boards and Bits. Customer service was absolutely superb in my lone experience. I wanted to have an order out in a timely fashion and they made it happen. I don't know if it's the norm, but when I sent an inquiry through their web site I received a reply within 5-10 minutes at the most. I purchased 6 or 7 items, and I saved approximately $18 when comparing prices to amazon. All good things that will make me a repeat customer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.