Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Units can't be fired on in the Staging Area but HQ's and Staff get a +1 bonus to commands if they are behind cover. I see no reason why the Company wouldn't dig a foxhole for the Captain before the start of the mission, but I see no rule saying it exists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No Cover in the Staging Area. Sorry .

Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacock
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Preacher wrote:
No Cover in the Staging Area. Sorry .

Ricky

Ricky,

This is one of the rules I've always wondered about. What is the lack of the extra command simulating in the staging area? I am assuming that the staging area is safer than the combat zone (even in cover), so it wouldn't be simulating that. Is it that the staging area is remote from the action so the leader has less situational awareness? Or are you just forcing the leaders out on the battle field with their troops? I think both of these make sense, but I was just wondering what the official thought process was.

Thanks - and I really look forward to more information about what you guys have in store for the game (r.e. your other post).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, Ron. Ben can answer much better the 'why' part. He's the infantry officer. I'm a minister . I do think that a big part of it is encouragement to get the company moving. As an FoF veteran, you well know that time is the real enemy here. Also, do not forget the +1 to the command draw for 'No Contact' that is in effect, at least at the beginning of the mission.

I imagine Ben will be along with some input on this in the near future.

Best,
Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.