Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Graham
United States
Clackamas
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Important Note: For this variant, any time I refer to a Knight, I do not mean a meeple on a city; I mean the special knight piece that is used for this variant.

Each player needs a piece that will be used as a special knight that can capture thieves. The builder from the Traders & Builders expansion works well. Another option is to just mark one of your meeples or simply put a penny under it. I put shields on extra meeples I use just for expansions. You can download the prison and shield graphics from www.PortlandGamers.com/Carcassonne/CarcassonnePrison.pdf.

If you connect your knight to another player’s thief (a meeple on a road) the thief is placed on the number 1 space of the prison. If you have a thief in prison, at the beginning of every turn of yours, you will move your thief to the next highest number on the prison tile. Once your thief has reached the highest number, on the next turn it will be released from prison and returned to your stock.

Placement rules for the knight are the same as any other meeple. You cannot place it on a road already occupied by another meeple. You need to place your knight on an unconnected road tile and then connect it to a road with another player’s thief on a later turn. When the road that your knight is on is closed, you get your knight back. The knight is not used for scoring. You will not receive any points for the road unless you have another meeple on it.

Optional Rule: The prison in only large enough for one thief, so when a thief is sent to prison, any thieves that are already in prison are released. This gives you a way to get your thief out of prison early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin Graham's Prison variant has been updated to fit with current expansions (and been re-named to 'Carcassonne Prison'). The document can be downloaded via www.carcassonnecentral.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls