Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com

Since I can't get some images approved by admins I'll save the drama and post like this.ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Re: Retreat! [shot]
hipshot wrote:
[Since I can't get some images approved by admins I'll save the drama and post like this.ninja

You can always post them to your own personal gallery

Now I see you have done that with other images already, so any particular reason for the hotlink on this image?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
If that was being rejected, then you're dealing with some super anal wannabe-photographer moderation....okay the colours aren't exactly Getty Images material, but damn...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got rejected on a photo like this because the background was blurry... really? We're taking pictures of miniatures. Other photos were rejected for being redundant... Sorry I wasn't the first person to post a photo in the gallery... Heavens forbid you try to be artistic and post a black and white photo...

Most the image admins seem fairly consistent... there must be one consistently crappy one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
Do some due diligence and geekmod - you will see that though it may seem like someone is being a hard ass, there are some things to consider. When I did (and I have) approved/declined images, it was normally size more than anything. It's hard to judge redundant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
RPardoe wrote:
hipshot wrote:
[Since I can't get some images approved by admins I'll save the drama and post like this.ninja

You can always post them to your own personal gallery

Now I see you have done that with other images already, so any particular reason for the hotlink on this image?

I dont want to have to post twice. Since I use these images for aars on my blog. The interface here is nigh on ...well that would be whining.
I wanted to share this with the seki players, thats all. Got over enthusiastic.

I'll refrain from now on. Sorry about that. I also took down all my other posts with images in this part of the forum. I didnt realize it was bothersome.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
hipshot wrote:
I dont want to have to post twice. Since I use these images for aars on my blog. The interface here is nigh on ...well that would be whining.

In case you were not aware - when composing a post, in the icon menu, there is one of a camera with an up arrow: . When you click that, you can select an image which will then be uploaded to your personal gallery and the link to it inserted in your post (AAR).

But I agree about how photos are handled in the geek. I have always thought that images should be in personal galleries first. Then a person can nominate an image for a game gallery and if approved, it is moved over so as to avoid the double-upload conundrum you mention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.