Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WHen you're looking at a game entry, just underneath there is typically a small text banner ad for an OLGS (Cool Stuff Inc., Sci_Fi_City, Funagain, etc.)

Why are the prices not even close to correct?

As an example, go to Eclipse (here) - many of the OLGS state prices like $64.99 (Cool Stuff), $65.99 (Sci Fi), $65.95 (cardhause), etc. - but when you click on it and go to there websites, the prices are $99 (Cool Stuff) or $89.95 (cardhause).

This seems a unethical/misleading, no?

What's the reason for the misreprestative practice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Maggi
United States
Loudonville
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the same vein, when I am looking for out-of-print game I will frequently see these banners displayed with prices. But, when I click on the links they take me to the seller who always has the same price BUT also a note that says "Out of Stock." Why do I want to see how much they are charging for the game if they don't even have it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Benjamin Maggi wrote:
In the same vein, when I am looking for out-of-print game I will frequently see these banners displayed with prices. But, when I click on the links they take me to the seller who always has the same price BUT also a note that says "Out of Stock." Why do I want to see how much they are charging for the game if they don't even have it?

I always wondered about that too. Happens frequently where you see an OOP title thinking maybe that vendor picked up a copy but nope..still out of stock
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/746629/out-of-date-ads-for-e...

Sort of answers that.

I know Coolstuff charges full price for out of print games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.